Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 3:46:21 PM EDT
Recently purchased a PM9*.  I am looking at options for carry.  Pocket carry is out, because even the P3AT I once had was too big for that.  And I do not want and can not place anything else on my belt with my Glock, Surefire, and spare carrier.

I guess that limits me either ankle carry or a Kangaroo holster.  Any experiance with either of these?

Is there an other option I am over looking?

*pictures of said PM9, are forthcoming.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I know that you said pocket carry is out, but I carry mine, when in a backup role, in my offside pants pocket. I also cary in a inside the waist holster. Don't much care for ankle cary anymore, after an incident walking down a flight of stairs. My Smith 38 that I had on my ankle beat me to the bottom of the stairs. Haven't carried it on the ankle since.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:21:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Recently purchased a PM9*.  I am looking at options for carry.  Pocket carry is out, because even the P3AT I once had was too big for that.  And I do not want and can not place anything else on my belt with my Glock, Surefire, and spare carrier.

I guess that limits me either ankle carry or a Kangaroo holster.  Any experiance with either of these?

Is there an other option I am over looking?

*pictures of said PM9, are forthcoming.

u should not have bought it, if u had already ruled out pocket carry.  Ankle carry is out, you will not like it at all.  being your set agaisnt waist band carry, You just eliminated what the gun was designed form.  It will ride supe rin ones front pocket and if u  had issue with the P3at in ur front pocket then indeed you shold not have bought a PM9

kangaroo holsrter, might as well paint GUN INSIDE.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
u should not have bought it, if u had already ruled out pocket carry.  Ankle carry is out, you will not like it at all.  being your set agaisnt waist band carry, You just eliminated what the gun was designed form.  It will ride supe rin ones front pocket and if u  had issue with the P3at in ur front pocket then indeed you shold not have bought a PM9

For the rare occasion, when I will be carrying only the PM9, then IWB is the answer, no problem.

The issue is for every day when my belt is already occupied by a Glock 19, a second magazine, and a Surefire 6Z.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the rare occasion, when I will be carrying only the PM9, then IWB is the answer, no problem.

The issue is for every day when my belt is already occupied by a Glock 19, a second magazine, and a Surefire 6Z.

u did not state that at first. Make smore sense. Buy a P380 kahr instead, it will ride anywhere you wnat it to.  .
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
DeSantis Apache, ankle holster.  Works pretty good, and comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
u did not state that at first. Make smore sense. Buy a P380 kahr instead, it will ride anywhere you wnat it to.

I thought I had in my first post:
Quoted:
Recently purchased a PM9*.  I am looking at options for carry.  Pocket carry is out, because even the P3AT I once had was too big for that.  And I do not want and can not place anything else on my belt with my Glock, Surefire, and spare carrier....

Regardless, I will be trying a pocket holster and a one or two other options.  After playing with an ankle holster I do not think that is for me.  I will update when I have some experiences to relay.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
u did not state that at first. Make smore sense. Buy a P380 kahr instead, it will ride anywhere you wnat it to.

I thought I had in my first post:
Quoted:
Recently purchased a PM9*.  I am looking at options for carry.  Pocket carry is out, because even the P3AT I once had was too big for that.  And I do not want and can not place anything else on my belt with my Glock, Surefire, and spare carrier....

Regardless, I will be trying a pocket holster and a one or two other options.  After playing with an ankle holster I do not think that is for me.  I will update when I have some experiences to relay.

yup u sure did post it all.  guess i should have read it better.  sorry,  anyway, u won't like the ankle hoslter, the pM9 IMO is just to big for that area.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
yup u sure did post it all.  guess i should have read it better.  sorry,  anyway, u won't like the ankle hoslter, the pM9 IMO is just to big for that area.  Good luck.

No problem.

Your posts are partly responsible for convincing me that the PM9 is both reliable and durable enough for my purposes.  My only concern was accuracy.  I had shoot two P9s in the past, neither of which I could shoot very well with.  I got my PM9 for such a price that I could turn around and sell it easily at a profit.  Which I will not be doing, because mine has proven to be more then accurate enough in my hands.

All my handguns are 9mm, that was one of the reasons for ditching the P3AT.  The Kahr 380 while a much nicer gun still suffers from being a 380.

I taped my PM9 to my ankle, and did not like it at all.  I guess I could become accustomed to it the imbalance, but I do not think I want to try.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#9]
takes some real trigger disciplijne to shoot any kahr, IMO.  I shoot my G19 alot better than my PM9 but the damn gun won't fit in my front pocket.  I do not want to dress to carry and that is where the pM9 shines. It can ride in my front pocket .

At 10 yards and under I feel very good about the accuracy of my PM9.  I hardly practice beyond that range. To me it is what it is  a very close defense pistol with firepower.  I have the big dot nite sites on it and love um but they are also 10 yards sites.  They are dynamite in the low lite..

Never thought aobut taping the gun to your leg to test it out, sure saves wasted "bucks".
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I do not know what a kangaroo holster is but have u tried a belly band . I use mine when wearing a tucked -in button up shirt. The weapon rides in a crossdraw position. It is invisible and quick to access.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Now, I believe I promised pictures.

As far as holsters am going to try the Active Pro Gear Deep Concealment Holster and Active Pro Gear Pocket Holster, both from Kahr's shop.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top