Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2007 1:09:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/18/2007 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I considered the PF-9 and ended up with the P3AT. Why? Size. I have the G40 family, 27, 23, 22 and can fit the G27 in just about the same spot as the PF-9. Yes it is bigger but I wanted a true dress pant pocket gun.

I also own the Kel-Tec Sub2K and absolutely love it. Best bang for the buck and takes my G22 mags. The P3AT has been great the past month with 0 problems.

Nice post of pics BTW...
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a PF-9 to use an an IWB carry or glovebox gun.

I think a kahr would be a better gun for the same job (even though it costs $100 more) or a p3at for a pocket pistol if i were to get another keltec.

For the size and weight of the gun it packs a hell of a punch, which comes through when shooting, it is not fun.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I got a PF-9 to use an an IWB carry or glovebox gun.

I think a kahr would be a better gun for the same job (even though it costs $100 more) or a p3at for a pocket pistol if i were to get another keltec.

For the size and weight of the gun it packs a hell of a punch, which comes through when shooting, it is not fun.

The P-11 isn't fun to shoot either it bites on the top of my hand but it's reliable and can use Smith & Wesson 59 magazines.   I found that gripping the pistol a bit lower reduces the bite to the top of my hand.  No wonder the guy who sold the P-11 wanted to get rid of it he was in his 70s.  The P-11 is very concealable and is lightweight so it can be easily carried and the factory magazines are made by Mec Gar which are very reliable.
Link Posted: 2/6/2007 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks to me that the PF-9 is about the same size as a Walther PPK.

I carried my PPK/S for a few years, but in the Texas summer with just jeans and a t-shirt, it was hard to prevent it from printing or bulging out on the side.  

The P3AT arrived from Santa (Dad) this year, and has been in my pocket every day since Dec 26.  I still really want a PF-9 for the winter when I can wear a jacket and it's weight is definitly less than the Walther.

Any good IWB holsters out for them yet?
Link Posted: 2/7/2007 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I currently have three Kel Tecs, a P-11, a P3AT and a P-32.  Since I got my P3AT, the P-32 has been in the safe.  I was thinking about the PF-9 to replace my P-11 if it would be more concealable.  My P3AT is my "go everywhere all the time" piece and the P-11 is for when I am wearing something more than jeans and a polo shirt and then the P3AT reverts to carried back-up.  After looking at these pics and seeing a PF9 at a gun show this weekend and comparing it side-by side with a P-11, think I will stick with the P-11 as my PRIMARY 9mm carry piece.  My P-11, after a couple of fluff and buffs and a good break-in easily goes through four magazines of GD 124 gr JHP or generic 115 gr FMJ straight without a hiccup.  As long as I keep it fairly clean and lubed, there are no problems.  The same goes for my P3AT using 95 gr JHP Dynamit Nobel.  The PF-9 looks like a nice pistol, but I really prefer the 10 rounds of 9mm in the PF-11 (12 if I would just buy ther new mags and they work as reliably as my 10 rounders).
Odin
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a Colt Pocketnine that I'm fixin to part with. Any of you guys have one or a Mustang since it is comparable? How does this one measure up. Bigger or smaller?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top