Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2012 6:18:47 PM EDT
My trigger pin slid part way out. Is this a common problem or just mine. I only have about 100 or so round through it...
Link Posted: 6/11/2012 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have bent no less than 3 punches trying to get my trigger pin out of my P238. They are normally pressed in very tightly. If yours is coming out that easily then you have a problem.

Link Posted: 6/12/2012 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck. I carry my P238 in a pocket holster. Today when I was taking it out of my pocket, I noticed that the left grip was flapping around.

I looked and the lower screw was gone, I looked in my pocked and found nothing. So I called Sig Customer Service and explained my dilemma.

The customer service rep told me that he would give me the phone number to a company that I could buy the screw from. I said, isn't it under warranty?

He said NOT for screws falling out. He said that I should have put Loctite on the threads, I asked why didn't they do that at the factory?

He said that the user is supposed to clean and oil it before firing it and that is when to put the thread locker on. I told him that I did clean and oil it before firing it.

I also told him that I've never heard of having to take the grips off and use thread locker when doing a clean and oil of a weapon.

He then told me that if I was driving a Chevrolet and a lug nut came lose that Chevrolet would not pay for it. Well that got me, Since I have worked for

Chevrolet dealers my whole life until I retired. I told him that if a customer had a Chevrolet and it had a lug nut that was left lose by the factory or the

dealer, that it would be replaced at no charge. He told me that they don't work it that way. I told him that I own several Sig's and that I'd be hesitant about buying another.

He didn't seem to care. The screw can't cost that much, but it's just the idea that Sig doesn't seem to want to stand behind their product.  

Link Posted: 6/12/2012 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 600 rounds through my 238 and my trigger pin hasnt budged. I would call SIG, the post above is the first bad CS instance I have heard of from SIG. But to be honest a screw backing out really could go either way, and on products (firearms and otherwise) I have dealt with maintenance neglect (checking fastener torque) is never covered by a warranty. S&W wouldnt fix my BG 380 when the laser screw backed out and broke the dust cover, and honestly it is the operators responsibility to ensure fasteners are tight...
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have 600 rounds through my 238 and my trigger pin hasnt budged. I would call SIG, the post above is the first bad CS instance I have heard of from SIG. But to be honest a screw backing out really could go either way, and on products (firearms and otherwise) I have dealt with maintenance neglect (checking fastener torque) is never covered by a warranty. S&W wouldnt fix my BG 380 when the laser screw backed out and broke the dust cover, and honestly it is the operators responsibility to ensure fasteners are tight...

I strongly disagree with the above comment. My P238 only had 150 rounds thru it and the screw fell out. And Sig won't warranty a measly ass screw. What doe's that say about their customer support?

Link Posted: 6/12/2012 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you disagree that checking fasteners is the responsibility of the end user? Or that failure to do so should be covered under warranty? Its certainly not ideal, and I think SIG could just send you a new screw, but sometimes you just need to get off the horse and look at it from the other side...
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#6]
SIG should have just sent the customer a damn grip screw regardless of the details behind its loss.

Link Posted: 6/13/2012 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you disagree that checking fasteners is the responsibility of the end user? Or that failure to do so should be covered under warranty? Its certainly not ideal, and I think SIG could just send you a new screw, but sometimes you just need to get off the horse and look at it from the other side...

Yes I do disagree, Would you check the lug nuts on your new Chevrolet as the customer service rep at Sig suggested?  Maybe you might even check the head bolt torque. I'm not trying to be a smart ass. My point is that I think that their customer service SUCKS!  The Sig left the factory with grips that

need to be loctited per their customer service, but they don't do that, the end user is supposed to do it. NOwhere in my owners manual doe's it tell me to loctite the grip screws. Sig just should have sent out a new screw and kept a happy customer. But no, they want me to buy the screw and pay shipping.

Well since Sig and or the customer service rep do not seem to be concerned about the customer. I'm NO longer concerned about Sig!  At one time I was looking forward to buying a new Sig P938. But NOT now!

I'm done with Sig, and I'm done ranting!  
Link Posted: 6/16/2012 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#8]
This sure didn't give me a warm feeling...

Thank God Sig's CS not responsible for making Airplanes... Just think what if the costumer had to check every fastener on a 747 or something...

BTW my screws where also lose. I only found that because I chaned grips...
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Funny, IIRC we were told not to use Locktite on grip screws in the Sig armorers class.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Just call Sig back and try a different CS person..some of them are helpful and some don"t give a rat's a$$.   I had a weak glow on one side of a rear night sight (brand new gun out of box). l already had a sig sight pusher and wanted to replace it myself..First guy wont budge and wanted me to ship slide back at my expense. I called back few days later and second guy shipped out new sight under warranty..I called back after I replaced it to find out where to send old sight and he told me not to worry about it..moral of the story––-sig CS are like a box of chocolates you nev......
Top Top