Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2008 1:55:35 PM EDT
Hi Folks

I just bought a P22 shorty and had a few questions. I dont know what finish they use on the slide,but is it safe to wipe it down with CLP or Rem oil to clean it and lubricate it, or is it better to just leave it dry ? My other question is has everyone had that problem with the 2 ears that stick up and gouge the bottom of the slide and had to round the sharp edges ? It would be such a simple fix for the factory to remedy. I just brought mine home today and am kind of afraid to take it apart and see a gouged slide from a factory test fire I am half tempted to turn around already and take the loss and get a Browning Buckmark before I even shoot this.

Thanks
BD
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what your talking about. Can you post pics? I have one and love it.... I have never had any issues out of it and it has several thousands rounds down the pipe.

I will say that the P22 and Buckmark's are totally different. The P22 is great for plinking the Buckmark is more of a target pistol.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the buckmark.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
P22 FTW!

Look in the Walther forum for fixes. Had mine out again today. Easiest pistol to suppress and reliable. Some guys have problems, the rest of us don't.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Buckmark will work flawless out of the box. You won't have to spend time doing mods and performance tweaks to bring the p22 up to the standards of the buckmark.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 5:16:38 AM EDT
[#5]
How about for cleaning and lubricatiing, is CLP or some of the other commonly used gun oils safe to use on the finish ? Does anyone know what they used to finish the slides ? paint ?

Thanks
BD
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:12:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone used the Shooters Choice degreaser/cleaner that says it is polmer,plastic and paint safe ? I read somewhere where the Gunscrubber polymer safe stuff caused the black finish on the slide to lighten up. I was wondering if the Shooters Choice was safer to use.

Thanks
BD
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I use CLP on mine.
Yes, the trigger bar or whatever that part is is gouging the slide on mine.
My safety also moves around randomly when firing. Bang, bang, click, bang, click, bang, bang, click, click, bang.....
Ejection is also completely random.  To the right, straight up, straight back, forward and right...always nice to have one land on your hand and burn you a little.
Ditch it and go get the Browning, it can't be worse.
I plan to fix the safety on mine and then sell the p.o.s.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I use CLP on my P22.  No issues.  I haven't noticed any gouging on mine (600+ rounds) so I'm not sure what that could be.  It's just a really fun plinker.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I have well over 1000 rounds out of my P22 (bought new).  It has only stove piped 3 times, and I believe it was due to the ammo.  I have shot a lot of different rounds through it and it seems to eat anything I load it with.  I've wiped it with rem oil and haven't noticed any ill effects.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:32:23 PM EDT
[#10]
none of those will hurt the finnish, that said ive got a p22 that ive completly took apart and fixed all the little quirks google p22 bible and it will give you the problems that need fixed it helps, ive got 2000 rounds through mine no problems so far but i am planning to put the p22 in the back of the safe and go out and get a buckmark.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Check out the P22 Bible

www.freespeech.com/1917-1911M_P22_bible.pdf

It has everything you ever wanted to know and things you didn't want to know about the P22.  Including how to fix the slide wear problem by doing a little work to the ears and polishing them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top