Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2012 8:35:01 AM EDT
Yesterday, I went to the range to put another 100 rounds through my new P238. The accuracy blows me away as I could barely hit the paper with a couple of the other pocket guns that I tried out. Anyway, my groups at 7 yards with the 238 is better than with my full size P226 in 9mm. Much better...

My P226 is a Sig Factory Reconditioned pistol that I got years ago. Does anyone know if they do any barrel work on those? Could the barrel be wearing down or do I just really suck at shooting this gun?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the time, such issues are "user error", so to speak, but not always.  Have someone else, whom you know to be a good shot, try the gun, and see.  Or try a ransom rest, if you have access to one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#2]
My P238 is incredible to shoot.  They really are incredibly accurate little guns.  As for the 226, How many rounds do you have through it?  I think the work they do with the factory reconditioned depends on the condition of the gun.  Have you noticed anything different with the accuracy of the gun recently while shooting?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I can hit sporting clays with my P226R at 50 yards, so I can vouch for the accuracy of the P226

My GF has the P238, and it is also super accurate

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure how many rounds it has through it since I got it as a factory reconditioned piece. It was a long time ago and I probably only have 700 or so rounds down it since I've owned it. I'm thinking I just suck at shooting it and need to practice up. I'll have one of the RSO shoot it next time I'm out and see what they think.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I really think it is jut the way the P226 and you get along.  They are both excellent guns.  I just think you can move the trigger on the 238 and move the muzzle less than you can on the 226.  I have shot 1-1/4" five shot groups at 25 yards with three different 226s, but I sure can't do it every day.  Some times I revert back to jerking the trigger or something else and it takes me a few range trips to get back in step with the gun.  

My bet is that the 238 is just taking you less effort to master due to its size or trigger or expectations.  I always EXPECT to shoot the 226 well, and, if I get frustrated, I make it worse.  Once that happens, I can shoot a Kahr better than a 226.  

Joe
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]
In my limited experience everything in life is about one thing...fit. If it doesn't fit, it won't work. Period. From what you describe the 238 fits you. As "cool" as a 226 is, if it doesn't fit it's never going to do you justice. Only analogy I can think of right now is with motoGP. Is Rossi struggling because of his skill or the fit of his bike?

Edit: saw the bones. Rodney couldn't do what he did on Steve's board. It's all about the chin!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top