Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/25/2004 3:33:29 PM EST
WHat can you tell me about them? First hand.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:45:53 AM EST
our baliffs carry them now. We had a few with bad barrels. H&K took care of them. Seems to be a decent gun.

J
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:20:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By WaMag:
Thanks

I love mine. It is my second H&K product- the other a USP- and I can say the P2000 is everything quality-wise you would expect.

Mine is the 9mm version.

I am currently looking for a source for hi-capacity mags for this. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:45:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By redfisher:

Thanks

I love mine. It is my second H&K product- the other a USP- and I can say the P2000 is everything quality-wise you would expect.

Mine is the 9mm version.

I am currently looking for a source for hi-capacity mags for this. Any suggestions?

it's a new gun if I'm not mistaken, so civie legal full caps were never made.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:16:50 AM EST
What are the differences between the USP and the P2000 product line!? Is the P2000 product line a replacement for the USP product line? I've got a USP Compact 9mm that I love to shoot and was looking to acquire some more handguns down the road ... Saw the P2000 but know nothing about it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:49:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/28/2004 9:56:10 AM EST by redfisher]

Originally Posted By 20iner:

Originally Posted By redfisher:

Thanks

Mine is the 9mm version.

it's a new gun if I'm not mistaken, so civie legal full caps were never made.

I thought that since it has been widely purchased and used in many LE departments, it would have a Hi-cap mag to go with it.

And as for the refrence to the USP- the P2000 is slightly smaller overall, has an 'adjustable' grip, meaning it comes with 3 different size inserts for the backside of the grip - for different size hands or preferences. It makes a nice CCW. I rate it as one of the finest 9mm I have used.

Hard to get company info on it right now since I believe the H&K web site is 'under construction', but I do remember American Rifleman (NRA publication) doing a review a couple months ago- maybe you could find some additional insight on it there
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:56:10 PM EST
Dont p2000 use compact usp mags? So 13rd mags would work right?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:05:30 PM EST
I handled one about a month or so ago.. personally, I didn't like the feel and location of the 'safety'.

ymmv
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:39:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 1:42:15 PM EST by redfisher]

Originally Posted By RED_5:
I handled one about a month or so ago.. personally, I didn't like the feel and location of the 'safety'.

ymmv

DAO and -on mine at least- no safety
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:42:27 PM EST
what ever that was on the end of the slide (opposite the bbl)
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:06:11 PM EST
The other big difference is the LEM trigger system. It's supposed to be smoother, but I've read on other posts that folks sometimes have a hard time getting used to it. I've not shot one. Check the posts on www.hkpro.com for more opinions.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top