Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2012 4:38:05 PM EDT

Of all the tuckable, IWB, big leather backed Kydex type holsters that are out there, does anyone have an Old Faithful, specifically the kit types. I've watched all thier videos and they look pretty good.
Any comments, pro OR con?
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I just got the stage 3 kit about 2 weeks ago. It went together with ease in about 15 minutes. I carry a Beretta 96FS and I must say it is very comfortable at the 4 o'clock position. The clips are very sturdy and the hardware is excellent. The leather is very thick and soft and the kydex is thicker than normal, which is nice for daily use.
Best thing is, if you have multiple pistols and decide one day that you want to start carrying another gun, the kydex is only 16 dollars to replace and will screw right on to you leather without modifications.
If you're military you also get a 10% discount too.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, if you look at some of the other recent holster threads just below this one, you will notice the barrage of Old Faithful members who are all, well...Faithful.

My buddy just got a Stage Two in the mail, and he brought it over today and we cut the kydex, punched the holes, the whole nine yards for his Springfield 1911 GI. I got a stage 3 myself and it was too easy.

Also, the leather and kydex on an Old Faithful are going to be thicker and tougher (leather) than on a crossbreed, so you are getting a better product.
Plus you can adjust your cant, your height, and all the angles by adjusting the clips, something you cant do on a cross breed.

And their warranty in awesome. And customer service is fantastic. And the wait is about 1/4 as opposed to crossbreed. Oh, and the price is about 1/2-1/3 of what you will pay for something else.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I've built 3 of their kits and have another one sitting here waiting for me to get around to it.  I posted a thread here when I built my first one back in June of last year. This was a kit where I formed the kydex and made the belt loops.  Here's a pic of it, I still use it regularly.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I want one for my next pistol as soon as I can afford it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I love mine. It's an officer sized 1911 and I carry it everyday. I'm gonna pick up one for my m&p 9. Try them you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got one for my Shield 9.  I like the cut better than crossbreed - easier to get a full grip before you draw.  Cheaper than crossbreed too.  The only thing I didnt like are the belt clips - they stick down to far and snag when putting the holster on.  Replaced them with clips from crossbreed.  For full sized guns I still prefer my MTAC's, but I like the Old Faithful horsehide for my Shield.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Thanks guys, after reading all of the above, I sent my order in!
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Bought the kit for my new Kahr P45. Was easy to put together and the leather used was good quality and soft. I am very happy with this holster and would buy another.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Have one for my Ruger SR9c and love it!!   About 10 minutes to assemble the stage 3 kit and everythung was good to go.   I like it as much as I do my VM3s.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:26:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I like mine a lot.  I carry a M&P 9 fullsize all day long with no problems a t 4 0'clock.  Great value in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Love mine. Best money spent on a holster. Wear it literally every day. Ordered one for my dads Glock 23 last week. You'll love it!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Great product, great cust. service.

Hybrid holsters just don't work for me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Old Faithful??  I've heard of Crossbreed ( the seemingly commercial carrier of this style of holster) and Kholster, but I will have to look into this new type.   I suppose cost would be an issue for me.  Seems that from what I gather some assembly is required?  Hope the price is rock bottom then...

EDIT-
Yeah....  I'll just buy a Kholster I think if I ever decide to go this route.   Customization options w/o the work of putting it together myself at the same cost or less.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Old Faithful??  I've heard of Crossbreed ( the seemingly commercial carrier of this style of holster) and Kholster, but I will have to look into this new type.   I suppose cost would be an issue for me.  Seems that from what I gather some assembly is required?  Hope the price is rock bottom then...

EDIT-
Yeah....  I'll just buy a Kholster I think if I ever decide to go this route.   Customization options w/o the work of putting it together myself at the same cost or less.

Lawl

EDIT - Yeah.... I just looked at a KHolster. I'd like to retract my previous statement and submit the following:

LAWL
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 2:52:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Also take a look at the Harwell ProTuck,,,I really like mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top