Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2012 8:56:18 PM EDT
I am expecting these in the mail. They are handmade by a friend on another forum and are stabilized spalted maple burl. He fitted them to his SR1911, so they should be a perfect fit on mine. I am really impressed with grips he hascrafted for other folks.

He asked if I wanted them checkered, but I just couldn't do that to that particular wood.

WIll get some high res pics up when I receive them.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
That's some good looking grips there.  Does your friend do this as a hobby?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That's some good looking grips there.  Does your friend do this as a hobby?

More or less. He's made grips for other SA's as well as customized revolver grips. He definitley gets some beautiful wood to work with.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Very nice.

Thanks. They feel great too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:35:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Those are beautiful, he isn't Scott Kolar is he?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Those are beautiful, he isn't Scott Kolar is he?

No. He is a moderator at the Kahrtalk forum and lives up in Washington. He does this on the side, but takes great pride in his craft. He also gets some kickass wood. His user name is Bawanna.

He has a small website, but I think it would break forum rules to post.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top