Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:14:28 PM EDT
Just brought home my brand new 226 9mm DAK.  When I field stripped it it was bone dry.  I am talking not one drop of oil.  No big deal though, I broke out the break free and got her taken care of.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just brought home my brand new 226 9mm DAK.  When I field stripped it it was bone dry.  I am talking not one drop of oil.  No big deal though, I broke out the break free and got her taken care of.

That is odd! It should have had TW25B grease all over it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:44:08 AM EDT
[#2]
As a general reminder to all, Sigs are "wet" guns and like lots of lube (due to the tight tolerances). One area to pay attention to is the 'shoe' just forward of the feed ramp on the pistol frame. A generous amount (you can move it around w/your finger) is the preferred amount (this is per George Harris, Director of the SigArms Academy and armorer instructor).

When you shoot the gun, there should be speckles of lube all over the place...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You are right.  I carry a 220 for work and that thing stays wet or else they don't run so well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Funny, I've gone almost a thousand rounds in my P228 with out cleaning or lubing, and its always worked fine.  A drop of rem oil on each rail, and a couple drops on the hammer assembly and trigger assembly is all I ever need.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#5]
m new  p220st literally was Stored In Grease. it's got some yellow stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top