Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 3:56:05 PM EDT
Just traded a couple of pistols I did'nt shoot much for a new Sig 220, .45acp, I traded a Colt cowboy (Iwas kinda disspointed with it)and a S&W 645 that I'd bought years ago new,and had alot of rounds(1000's) ran through it, anyway, I've been mostly shooting 1911's I have a Kimber Custom Classic (Series I) and love it,Never owned a Sig what can I expect for accuracy? this had fixed sights, dot on front and white stripe on rear came with 2 8rnd mags, Will it feed SWC's? that's primarly what I shoot, any known problems with them that I should know about? Looks/feels very well, an going to test drive it tomorrow,
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you let us know after you take it for a test drive.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#2]
It should swallow anything.  I have had my 220ST since November and have yet to have it fail.  I would like to say it is a very accurate weapon, but I could'nt hit a barm 5 feet away so I have no idea.  Congrats on a great purchase.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got back from the range,And well, It preformed flawlessly, no failures to feed, fire, extract, I was using my handloads, 200gr swc's with 4.5 gr red dot, and 230 lrn with 5.0 gr wsf,,Accuracy was'nt bad, not quite as good as my Kimber, but I figure that was because I was'nt as familiar this pistol as much as I was the kimber,I don't feel the sights need any kind of adjustment,The shooter might, Trigger wasn't as crisp as I'd like, but I've read that it will improve with use, still, it's not bad, Having left the paper targets at the house, accuracy testing was done with pop cans fished out of the trash cans at the range, an added bonus, I also fished out a box and half of once fired 9mm, some .38's and half box of .45acp, God, I love it when people who don't reload come to the range... The pop cans did'nt get hard to hit until they were out to 25yds and farther, the SIG seemed to prefer the 230gr LRN's and I got better accuracy at 25yds with the heavier bullets, So far I'm impressed, 200rnds ran through it today and not one hiccup, With the Kimber I could figure on at least 2-3 stovepipes, Only complaint I have is getting the eighth round in the mag, it's a bitch! The Sig is a keeper, and I'm convinced it's more reliable handgun than a 1911, Don't get me wrong, I like 1911's But I've never had one that was 100% reliable, So far the SIG is, Alot of hanguns seem to need a "break in period" before they start running right, the SIG did'nt seem to need any, it just ran, right out of the box, And I'm sure the more I shoot it the better I'll get with it, I like it....
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#4]
P220's are like they used to say about Timex watched...Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Others will disagree, But you have 1 of the finest .45apc's made.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Ralph, you've found out just what all of us would have told you but you'd thunk we was lying.

Now comes the hard part. You shot 200 rounds. For the next 800 or so rounds it will just keep getting better. It usually takes about 1K rounds for all the parts to seat and get fully broken in. By then it will shoot damn near as good as a revolver and that's saying a bunch.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:30:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had a 1911, SW645 but love the P220 in 45 acp the most. All of my semi autos are Sigs.
You've made a great decision.
Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top