Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2001 10:23:37 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

I just got a USP .45 Compact SS.

I'm really not interested, yet, in added accesories (lasers, and lights)....however I am interested in getting some trigger work done to smooth out the pull and lighten the double action pull a little.  Also, the gun shoot a little low and to the left so I'm looking at replacing the sights.

So, simply, before I screw anything up....do you have any suggestions for the fine tuning the gun....

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
how much have you shot it ?........put several hundred rounds(not a couple,several)that will help the trigger and get you used to handeling the gun...........and the best thing to spend money on is ammo.........
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:05:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Myself, I would try other bullet weights and brands of ammo. And drift the sight for windage. Also, I would give it a work out before voiding the warranty on modifications. Truthfully, low & left sounds like your jerkin' it a bit? Maybe let someone else try it to verify it is in fact, the gun.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Low and to the left is with 250 rounds of the SAME AMMO.  This is also a general comment -  I was still hitting everything within a 12" area for everything, but I guess I expected more from the Compact.

More info: I was shooting from a very solid bench rest at 25 yards. I was shooting 230 grain WinCLEAN.  BTW, I do NOT suggest the brand.  I didn't like anything about it -- including the "clean" part.  

It's brand is what I had at the time and I wanted to put some rounds through the gun due to everything that varmitgun said.

Do you have suggestions on general brands to try?  Additionally, I'm think about using 185 grain rather than 230 grain.  I have this question in another thread in more detail.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top