Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 6:46:38 PM EDT
Around my area, there is a park that has a realy nice 3 mile paved track that's great for skating or riding a bike -- problem is, durring the night (which is when I go) it's not exactly the safest place in town.  

Either activity doesn't get along too well with IWB CCW holsters for various reasons, so I've been trying to figure out a CCW setup that doesn't look like a traditional fanny pack.

Called Tim_W from practicaltactical and told him that I was thinking of a Maxpedition M5 pouch for the duty -- he went as far as to borrow his Wife's Glock26 to test (as I will be carying a Glock27 in it), then reported back that it fit, but would require some stich work to remove the pockets that it comes with inside the main pouch to make it work right.

Pakage shipped wed, got it friday - then spent the night working.  
Here's the finished product:

Outside:

Another outside shot...... No way you would know what's inside right now:

Shot of it opened up, You can open it rather quickly if you position the zippers at the top

I attached the holster with Velcro, that way I can remove the holster and use the pouch for some of my Geek stuff since I am a bit of a computer nerd.

I also talked to him about a pouch to hold my GPS for when I go hikeing, bug out bag, or whatever -- he had a "sample" pouch from a vendor laying around and sent it my way.  I had to do some work (removed some stuff from under the flap and removed a fastex buckle -- this pouch was designed to hold a strobe, whch is a bit taller then the GPS it'll house now.  
Closed with gps inside

You can see where I had to add a section of velcro so that the flap would secure lower on the pouch body
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
wouldnt the M4 hold it without any mods? I was thinking about getting a M4 for my G27. i already wear a m1 every day on my weak side, might as well throw a m4 on my strong side to even the belt out a bit.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
wouldnt the M4 hold it without any mods? I was thinking about getting a M4 for my G27. i already wear a m1 every day on my weak side, might as well throw a m4 on my strong side to even the belt out a bit.  

it would, but it would flop around inside, and be a bitch to draw,
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to be a jerk, but ya think OD ggreen doesn't scream military type gear?  The best cover type carry gear I have seem is a fannypack that said "Million Mom March " in pink lettering.  Nice bag ,but I feel a diffrent color than Green or black would help for better "concealment".
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
i wear an OD green M1 daily, at work and off, and have never had anyone say anything. i am a maintance tech for an apartment complex so lots and lots of people see me and talk to me while im in there apartments. never a problem. ive worn it everywhere people go on a day to day basis, and never had a problem. From walmart to the courthouse, never a problem. most people dont even notice stuff like this anymore with the multitude of carry gear people wear nowadays. i doubt color would affect anything at all.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think OD stands out, specially not in Arizona where light/desert colors are the norm for packs --- camo gets noticed a little, but due to us having a base out here, its just colors people come to accecpt.  What people out here tend to notice (atleast me) is Black -- noone in their right mind wears anything black durring the summer, if you do your asking to roast or get burnt.

I gave the pack a test today -- wore it to my parents house.

My dad is pro gun, my mom isn't anti gun, but she doesn't like to see me carying a gun (she thinks it isn't necissary in today's modern society).  

While i was there, she noticed the pack and asked what I had in it, she assumed some computer stuff (like I said, I'm a geek, a 6'2 230 pound computer geek)...... when I told her I had a gun in there, she was shocked -- never would of guessed.  "but it looks so innocent!"
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:11:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top