Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2023 10:41:35 AM EDT
Brand new to revolvers so not sure what the issue is here. When the trigger's in single action mode (hammer pulled back) it's not a clean break. It has this weird wall, or "setting" feeling that happens before you get to the break. Like it's a two stage trigger almost. I'm not a big fan of this especially on a $850 revolver. I don't know if this is a common issue or not.

Link Posted: 9/8/2023 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ll see if mine does it
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ll see if mine does it
View Quote

Hmmm, I might have to try. Bought a new one last year.

ETA: OP @hidaro, yours is 357?
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Hmmm, I might have to try. Bought a new one last year.

ETA: OP @hidaro, yours is 357?
View Quote

yes .357 7 shot
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#4]
spent the day dryfiring repeatedly and lubricating the internals but nothing's changed
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Brand new to revolvers so not sure what the issue is here. When the trigger's in single action mode (hammer pulled back) it's not a clean break. It has this weird wall, or "setting" feeling that happens before you get to the break. Like it's a two stage trigger almost. I'm not a big fan of this especially on a $850 revolver. I don't know if this is a common issue or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiOZAMGkOk0

View Quote

Yeah, that's not normal. I've owned a GP100 for almost 20 years and it doesn't do that.

Of course some GP100's will have a better trigger than others, but none should be doing what your video shows.

Contact Ruger. They have very good warranty support and I'm sure they will get it fixed up. I have been hearing recently that they are sometimes grumpy about covering shipping costs but that they usually will do so if you stress with them that it's a brand new gun that has been defective since purchase.

Good luck. Please let us know the outcome.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's not normal. I've owned a GP100 for almost 20 years and it doesn't do that.

Of course some GP100's will have a better trigger than others, but none should be doing what your video shows.

Contact Ruger. They have very good warranty support and I'm sure they will get it fixed up. I have been hearing recently that they are sometimes grumpy about covering shipping costs but that they usually will do so if you stress with them that it's a brand new gun that has been defective since purchase.

View Quote

I think I’d rather try sending it back to where I bought it from rather than sending it off for weeks
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 6:34:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think I’d rather try sending it back to where I bought it from rather than sending it off for weeks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure what you mean.... Did you order this gun online?

Typically speaking, if you bought the gun online and had it transferred to your local FFL - as soon as you fill out the 4473 form the gun is now yours, period.

This is why it is so very important to thoroughly inspect every gun before completing the 4473 transfer paperwork.

If you have a good relationship with your local FFL they 'may' be willing to help you with the warranty return to Ruger, otherwise you're on own and will need to work out the details with Ruger directly.

Don't be afraid of a Ruger warranty repair. The gun will likely come back better than new since they will be giving the trigger some extra attention.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what you mean.... Did you order this gun online?

Typically speaking, if you bought the gun online and had it transferred to your local FFL - as soon as you fill out the 4473 form the gun is now yours, period.

This is why it is so very important to thoroughly inspect every gun before completing the 4473 transfer paperwork.

If you have a good relationship with your local FFL they 'may' be willing to help you with the warranty return to Ruger, otherwise you're on own and will need to work out the details with Ruger directly.

Don't be afraid of a Ruger warranty repair. The gun will likely come back better than new since they will be giving the trigger some extra attention.
View Quote

+1

Ruger service is generally very good and they will go over the entire gun when they get it back, not just the trigger.
If you call Ruger, they will send you a prepaid tag and you can mail it off yourself. They will likely have it turned around and back to you in 2 or so weeks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I've had a few Rugers, and on some of  them have small issues under the grips...

Might take your grips off and cycle the trigger.  Look carefully at the hammer strut to see if it, or the hammer spring is rubbing anywhere.  If it is you can remove frame material to make clearance.  I have also had one that the hammer spring rubbed on the grip screw...
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine does nothing of the sort.  

173- series

If you bought it used;  worse case is someone fuct up a trigger job tryin to make it full auto.  I guess….
Top Top