Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2002 4:20:58 PM EDT
I need to get my off duty gun (p225) refinished. The problem is turn around time,not cost.  I am willing to pay for a good finish(must be black per regs), but the turn around time at places like Robar is several months.  Anyone have any experience with someone faster and good quality.  I am seriously considering having my local gunsmith parkarize the slide and other steel parts and calling it good.  Also is there anyone else out there who feels the 225 is the best feeling sig to the hand or is it just me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 4:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine describes his 225 as, "Like pulling Excalibur from the stone".

Give SiGArms a call and see what their turn around time is. The last I heard they would do a refinish in about a week (plus transit time) and for $60.00.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If your just concerned with holster rash on the slide try some cold blue. I put about 3-4 applications of cold blue on my police trade-in 225, turned out great,blended in real well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I have done the cold blue several times over the years.  It worked great for a while, but as the finish got worse and worse it was less effective.  The finish would best be described as mottled.  I was also hoping to put something a little more durable than the factory type finish on it.  However the turn around time from sig makes it very attractive.  How durable is k-cote anyway?  My gun is blued and it sucked for durability, although it was easy to touch up for a while.  I would probably ask them to redo it in K-cote.  Thanks for the input guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top