Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/16/2003 7:34:51 PM EDT
I have heard and seen pictures of Daewoo pistols. Was curious about the "fast action" etc. I finally got to see and hold one.

Have done some internet surfing and can't find any sites dedicated to "Daewoo talk" vis a vis Glock, CZ, KelTec etc.

I would be looking to have this firearm as a range gun only - dont't want to buy it and then upgrade it, however if I had one I would hope replacement parts are available. (I am loking at the DP51 -9mm)

If money was not an issue I would own one of everything, but alas it is an issue.

Who owns one, what are your thoughts. Buy this or save my pennies for other wants.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:57:22 PM EDT
Save your pennies. Parts are a bit hard to come by according to what I've heard. I've dry fired the fast action but haven't any range time on it.

If you haven't yet got a High Power, I strongly recommend them for the best "fast action".
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:54:23 AM EDT
I was looking at these a while back (Kimber used to be the importer for Daewoo)

I found a couple of magazine articles, and every one of them had nothing but bad things to say.

I never bought one, and have never shot one.
Save your money.

my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:38:27 AM EDT
A friend has had one for years...it works.
The Korean auto won't win any matches but does accept S&W 15 round mags.
If you like showing up at the range with some slightly oddball gun, that's one of 'em.
As said, don't break it.
Top Top