Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 7:34:51 PM EDT
I have heard and seen pictures of Daewoo pistols.  Was curious about the "fast action" etc.  I finally got to see and hold one.

Have done some internet surfing and can't find any sites dedicated to "Daewoo talk" vis a vis Glock, CZ, KelTec etc.

I would be looking to have this firearm as a range gun only - dont't want to buy it and then upgrade it, however if I had one I would hope replacement parts are available.  (I am loking at the DP51 -9mm)

If money was not an issue I would own one of everything, but alas it is an issue.

Who owns one, what are your thoughts.  Buy this or save my pennies for other wants.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Save your pennies. Parts are a bit hard to come by according to what I've heard. I've dry fired the fast action but haven't any range time on it.

If you haven't yet got a High Power, I strongly recommend them for the best "fast action".
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:54:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I was looking at these a while back (Kimber used to be the importer for Daewoo)

I found a couple of magazine articles, and every one of them had nothing but bad things to say.

I never bought one, and have never shot one.
Save your money.

my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#3]
A friend has had one for years...it works.
The Korean auto won't win any matches but does accept S&W 15 round mags.
If you like showing up at the range with some slightly oddball gun, that's one of 'em.
As said, don't break it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top