Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:20:36 PM EDT
I am trying to identify two 45acp rounds that were left at my house after a gathering of shooters a few weekends ago.

The rounds were mixed in with a box of corbon rounds and I have know idea who's they were.

first round is stamped EXT SHK 45 AUTO.  It has a standardcopper hollow point but there is an orange colored polymer (looking) ball, which is also hollowed out, inserted into the copper jacket.  It almost looks like a corbon 'powrball' but orange and the ball is hollow.

The second round is stamped R . P 45 AUTO and is also a hollow point though it is a standard looking one.

The carteridge cases both appear to be steel.

Thanks for any help you can provide.  Not a big deal but curious what the hell they are.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the second one, but the first one is probably an Extreme Shock "Air Freedom Round"

Does it look like this?

www.extremeshockusa.com
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats definately one of them.  Thanks for the info.  Don't know anything about that company but the site looks cheezy as hell.  It's a frangible round designed for use in aircraft...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#3]
RP Remington products maybe?  I don't have any Rem ammo to double check though!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep,

Remington golden sabre.  Don't know what grain but they are good rounds so I've read and I know they've been around for quite awhile.  Funny though that I have never shot them.  I stick to the UMC for plinking as well as other cheaper rieliables.  LOL!

Been using Corbon for CCW but I am looking for something new to try.

Thanks again for your help!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
R P is the case stamp on Remington ammunition... the P stands for Peters....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Extreme shock is an extreme joke
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top