Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 9:26:14 AM EDT
I'm looking at a North American Arms Black Widow in 17hmr as a backup ... probably in an ankle holster.... but it could slip into a pocket now and again.  Opinions? I normally carry a Glock 23 or 5" 1911 iwb, sometimes 1911 in shoulder holster ... sometimes sp101 in ankle holster .... others to choose from, seldom selected .....
Share your thoughts? -- oh, and I don't even consider the raven 25 ... that was a spur of the moment thing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:20:05 AM EDT
[#1]
17 cal? Why not a sling shot?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#2]
As a "third" gun, the little NAA's in .22 or .22 Mag. have some small amount of usefulness, but not much, and I would think that the .17 would really need a longer barrel to have any performance at all (?) My choice for a backup to something like my 1911 or G23 would be my S&W 340 PD in .357 mag, but the .38 caliber Airlite Ti is also good. Either will carry on the ankle about as well as the smaller NAA, but will be MUCH more effective should you need it...and if things have gone down the toilet to the point where you need your "second" gun, you WILL need it badly!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top