Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 10:38:51 PM EDT
I got a new CZ P-01. I know absolutely little about these. What am I in for? Are there holsters available?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a used one last month.

About any decent holster maker should have a mold for it.

The biggest spot lacking in the aftermarket would be sights. Mostly because I really want a set of HD's but they don't make them for the CZ's yet. It'll probably get some Truglo TFX Pro's in the future.

I don't think you're gonna find a better DA pistol than the P-01 without going up to a Sig Legion, Sphinx or WC Beretta.

Dry fire it or shoot it enough and the factory trigger will slick up pretty good. Mine's not where I want it so it'll probably see a Cajun Gun Works package soon.

For mags, get some Mec-Gars. They're factory at a cheaper price. I'd recommend either ordering some with the CZ rubber base plates already installed or Ordering those too. You'll still come out about 10 bucks cheaper than a CZ factory packed mag.

Greg Cote offers the Mec-Gars with the rubber pads pre installed at a very good price and ships very quick.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-magazines-c-173/

Go shoot the hell out of it and let me know what you think.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#2]
If you think the rubber buttplates are too big (like I do)...Beretta 92 mag floorplates fit like they were made for them, and they match the frame like it was designed for it

Not that Beretta floorplates are the most svelte out there, but they are slimmer than the big beefy rubber ones...
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  I'll look at Cote for mags. I don't think I'm gonna change out the sights just yet.

What about grips? I like the feel of the fat rubber grips. Are their any G10 grips that are just as fat? I don't think I'd want to get any flat ones. Is VZ the standard, or are their other good brands available?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Cajun Gun Works if you want trigger upgrades and other accessories for it.  KT Mech makes holsters for CZ pistol and they are great quality at really good prices.

Pics of said pistol!?

Edit You said first..... That is how is starts!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#5]
obligatory pic..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Just placed an order with KT Mech. Thanks. That is just what I was looking for, for the time being. Just wanted an OWB kydex.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Spacejunk you look a lot like Gary Oldman in that little picture.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just placed an order with KT Mech. Thanks. That is just what I was looking for, for the time being. Just wanted an OWB kydex.
View Quote
I got a Akela for my P-09 and plan to get one for my SP-01.  Great construction and finish on the product and the price was below other competitors but better design IMO on the KT.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got a new CZ P-01. I know absolutely little about these. What am I in for? Are there holsters available?
View Quote

I got mine 3 years ago and after vetting it... it's been on my side almost every day. It's my favorite semi-auto I've ever owned and would be the last I would ever want to part with. It's utterly reliable. Holster's and aftermarket parts are in extreme abundance. CZ Custom, CZ-USA & Cajun Gun Works will have anything you ever want to do with it. My advice, put 500 rounds thru it. The trigger's on all my CZ's polish themselves to smooth in 500 rounds. I've never needed to upgrade the triggers on my P-01, SP-01, or my 97B. What I did have to do is replace the stock sights with a set of Trijicon's from CZ Customs. Night and day improvement even in daytime because of the crisp profile of the new sight outlines from my experience. Secondly the stock grips had to go. I put a pair of VZ 's slim "Diamondback" grips on mine. I like the aggressive grip texture because I live in Georgia, and I run hot/sweat more than average. They are great. But to do it over again I would have went with the VZ slim "Aliens" instead because they are a bit more comfortable. The rest of the pistol I found near perfect and it's as perfect now a carry piece I could imagine. For a holster I run a Comp-Tac "M-Tac" holster and it works very well. I have big, meaty hands... but the P-01 fits and fills my hands almost like the pistol was made for me. Ive never held another semi-auto that feels so good or recoils so softly in my hands. I have thousands of rounds in mine from running it in competition and lazy days at the range. And it feeds/shoots everything I've ever fed her. Mine prefers 124 and 147 grain ammo for really tight groups. I get stringing groups with 115 grain ammo; which is still pretty awesome considering. The aformentioned above is my experince with the P-01. Now go shoot the shit out it before you decide on any "upgrades".
Shooting it will dictate what you need to do sight, grip, and trigger wise.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#10]
VZ makes some for it.

And anothe company that I'm totally blanking on the name of right now makes some that have the palm swell in a funky blue with Golf ball dimpling that I think I'm gonna put on mine....

I'm kinda bored with grey and black and greens.

Edit: It was LOK grips I was trying to think of. About the same price as VZ's but a few more options for the CZ's.

I REALLY like the look of the blue golf ball palm swell grips they have. Probably order a set in a few weeks.

http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-75
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you think the rubber buttplates are too big (like I do)...Beretta 92 mag floorplates fit like they were made for them, and they match the frame like it was designed for it

Not that Beretta floorplates are the most svelte out there, but they are slimmer than the big beefy rubber ones...
View Quote
Neat. I'll have to try those too.

I know the basic flate metal floor plates suck for me, they protrude and dig into my pinky.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#12]
And so it begins....................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top