Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 8:53:07 AM EDT
I was firing my 23 out at the range the other day and I was taught in the Corps that you hold the trigger back after the round goes off so that you aren't jerking the pistol; in order to help out with accuracy.  My problems is, whenever I do this, the slide doesn't seat all the way forward and I have to cycle the slide in order to get a round to chamber properly.  Is the Glock not made to be shot in this manner or is there something that I need to have looked at on my pistol?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Be sure you aren't limp wristing the pistol (.40 usually doesn't do it) or you may need to clean it very well, if that doesn't work it may need to go to an armorer and have the slide detail stripped and cleaned out especially under the extractor.  Or it may need a new recoil spring assy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm definately not limp wristing it.  I'm planning on going to the range this friday with it and I'll be giving it another cleaning before I go just to make sure.  If it does it again, should I send it to Glock for them to look at it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#4]
shouldn't be a lube problem as glocks really don't need any.

Fortunately for you a friend of mine had a similar problem with his glock 19 so I may have your answer.  When's the last time you detail stripped your slide cleaned your striker channel?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Check the recoil spring, it may be going soft.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I call ....Glocks never have any issues

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Well it was my fault.  I just got back from the range; but before I went, i gave it a good cleaning and it functioned perfectly.  Thanks for all the help everyone; I guess that I should have known better and cleaned it after my last two trips to the range.  Thanks again everyone.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#8]
How many rounds are on this Glock?  I highly doubt it was because it needed to be clean.  I will agree with GotM4 & ChrisG19 and advise you to replace the recoil spring---just in case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top