Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2008 4:30:50 PM EDT
Hi all!

I recently bought a like new condition P6. I immediately had the standard springs replaced with Wolff 16 LB springs to reduce the DA trigger pull. I also had my gunsmith polish the sear, etc.

Even after all of this, the DA trigger pull is still about 2lbs heavier than I'd like. It is definitely not as nice as my other two Sigs. Such a heavy DA trigger pull undermines my confidence in the gun for concealed carry. I'd like to shave at least another LB and preferably 2 LBS off the DA trigger pull. Anyone have any suggest how to do this? Thanks!

Link Posted: 11/8/2008 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Due to the smaller size of the P6, there is less room to tweak the geometry of the parts.  Polishing and lightening the hammer spring are about all you can do.  I don't know how light you want the DA but with the short throw of the hammer, it can't be too light or it won't set off the primer.   Experience with mine taught me this.

I got two identical hammer springs and trimmed one down gradually.   I would shoot about 20 rounds through it DAO. If it worked 100%, I would clip another coil and repeat.  Once I found the length of spring that caused a light hit, I cut the other spring two coils longer.   Has worked 100% since and pull is much smoother and lighter.

Or you could send it to Bruce Gray for the best trigger job.

Craig
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Will Sig work on these guns? Action Enhancement Package?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes they will...give them a call. And do NOT cut the springs down...get wolf springs instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top