Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 4:33:40 AM EDT
It just so happens that Bob lives about 4 blocks from me while attending school at Bradley University.   I met Bob last year at an AR15.com get together with other Illinois HTF members.  After Bob scared the neighborhood with a show-and-tell at the cookout (he brought a bunch of show guns), I decided I wanted Bob to work some magic on my Stainless Springfield GI 1911. He warned me that he couldn’t work miracles, but that he would do his best to may me happy with the end product.  I wasn’t really sure what I wanted done, but I did know I wanted him to un-pimp my 1911. I love the pistol but felt like a New Orleans Pimp with the polished SS 1911. I recognized that I am not a gunsmith so I gave Bob Carte Blanche to look the gun over and make some recommendations.  I pretty much gave him an open project, with an agreement that he wouldn’t tell my wife how much it cost. Fast forward several months.  Bob made it back to school for the fall semester, and he called me to let me know the project was complete. All I can say is that I was amazed that the gun he brought back to me was the same gun.

Upgrades Bob made:
-Removed all hard chromed factory parts and replaced them with quality barstock parts
-Trigger
-Action Job
-New Dovetail front sight with Tritium insert
-Front Strap Treatment
-Beveled Mag Well
-Main Spring Housing
-Cleaned up lines on the slide and frame
-Bead Blasted the frame and slide for matte finish
-Reliability tune

I cannot say enough about Bob’s quality of work, integrity, or commitment to service.  Not only is Bob a professional dedicated to quality and integrity, he is now a friend, drinking buddy, welcomed in my home anytime.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:45:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!

What rear sight is that?  Looks like it fit in the factory cut.

I also like the stock spur hammer and no beavertail. KISS gun.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:59:15 AM EDT
[#2]
He does some very nice work, very nice indeed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:12:40 AM EDT
[#3]
And the grips are made by...?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Grips are Larry Davidson Horned Lizards.  I think the rear sights are mepro.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#5]
That's just a straight bead blasting finish? It looks great!!
I think I might have some new inspiration for my Loaded...
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice stuff there! Definitely "unpimped".
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Good choice for the grips. I have the exact same ones. They really grip don't they.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:17:53 AM EDT
[#8]
WOW!!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#9]
His work always amazes me
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Very nice!

The funds are stacking right now for Bob to do a pistol for me.  

Bob is gonna be a famous man some day.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#11]
looks awesome
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:57:14 AM EDT
[#12]
OH yeah....It's a bit more accurate than previously as well.  Just in my hands accuracy improved considerably...so I can only imagine how it would perform in the hands of an expert.  I do plan to upgrade the bbl someday, but that will have to wait for additional funds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top