Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The photos of the micro slick mags on PSA’s webpage do not represent what they actually look like.  

I don’t feel there is much difference between the two types.  The all black ones actually feel slicker to me that the silver ones.  

On one of the new silver mags, it was a bitch to load the first few times and I had failure to feed on the 9th round on the first two times I loaded it.   If I recall correctly, that was the point it was very sticky loading.  

I am still currently testing them right now but after those first two loads of that one particular mag, it has been fine since.  I now have 100 rounds of federal 115 through that specific mag with no additional issues and it loads and shoots fine now.  That mag is marked and will never be trusted.  

100 rounds through another silver mag today with zero issues.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2023 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The photos of the micro slick mags on PSA’s webpage do not represent what they actually look like.  

I don’t feel there is much difference between the two types.  The all black ones actually feel slicker to me that the silver ones.  

On one of the new silver mags, it was a bitch to load the first few times and I had failure to feed on the 9th round on the first two times I loaded it.   If I recall correctly, that was the point it was very sticky loading.  

I am still currently testing them right now but after those first two loads of that one particular mag, it has been fine since.  I now have 100 rounds of federal 115 through that specific mag with no additional issues and it loads and shoots fine now.  That mag is marked and will never be trusted.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125824/IMG_0256-2869922.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125824/IMG_0258-2869924.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125824/IMG_0261-2869927.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125824/IMG_0270-2869928.jpg
View Quote

Just for reference, that’s the same failure I had when the mag was new, and at the same point in the mag that I had mine (approx round 9.)

IIRC multiple people have had the same failure on when the mags were brand new and have had no issues since. I’m up to about 500 rounds now without issues after the first mags worth of rounds.

I think it’s a break in issue due to how tight the mag springs are when new.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Still no shipping confirmation on mine ordered on 6/20.
View Quote
Same
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Same
View Quote

Y'all gotta get on the PSA prime membership.  The ones I ordered 6/21 are out for delivery today.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just for reference, that’s the same failure I had when the mag was new, and at the same point in the mag that I had mine (approx round 9.)

IIRC multiple people have had the same failure on when the mags were brand new and have had no issues since. I’m up to about 500 rounds now without issues after the first mags worth of rounds.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if leaving ammo to full capacity for a full week or two would make the break in easier. I'll be on the lookout during some range time.

Thanks for adding to this to confirm that these magazines need to be broken in first.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wonder if leaving ammo to full capacity for a full week or two would make the break in easier. I'll be on the lookout during some range time.

Thanks for adding to this to confirm that these magazines need to be broken in first.
View Quote

Yeah I left mine loaded for about 24 hrs before use, but from what I understand of spring metallurgy (which I admit is very little) spring cycles matter more than time at a set point.

Mine have been great after the first use, and I can definitely tell they are easier to load than when they are new.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is exactly like the failure to feed I got with 115 grain WWB.  The slide didn’t go far enough to the rear to push the case head out of the mag.   Generally happened around 7-9 round in mag fully loaded to 15.   In my particular situation I think it was lighter recoil impulse with WWB ammo as my reloaded 115 grain. FMJ were gtg.   Leaving my PSA Mags loaded helped them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Spring cycles are what kill magazines. Mine (3 nickel) came in this week. I have been cycling the mags. Loading and unloading by hand. Gonna go shoot them in 1 hour. Each had a little bit of plastic slag inside when I opened them up. Not much, just a little amount right near the right side mag catch. Cleaned them out with a AP brush.

My shield mags after upgrading the springs have 10 coils, they used to have nine coils. The PSA mags have 13 coils. They were a little hard to load at first. Now they seem to load with zero hang ups. I'll know soon.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Same magazine had one more failure of the same kind after an additional 50 rounds on round 6.

Put 100 more through the problem mag without issue.  

The other 2 silver were flawless and the three black as well.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
All three mags ran great. Last mag of the day, mag 3 failed to lock the slide back when it went empty. Beyond that zero issues. I'm pretty impressed with PSA micro mags. Will run another 150 rds tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I took 4 of my 8 mags out today and put 100rds through each with zero hiccups. I still have a twin G48 running Shield Gen 2 and 3s without issue as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:06:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Definitely a spring and breaking in issue and not an ammunition issue at play here.

Thank you everyone who has contributed. PSA has done something wonderful, my hats off to them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Same. shotar’s buddy is the type who wastes money to fix things that ain’t broke. Sounds like a tard.
View Quote

"Don't worry scro, lots of tards leading kickass lives. My first wife was a tard, she flies airliners now." - Dr. Shafty from the documentary "Idiocracy"
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm on the wait list with PSA on both variants of these little gems. But, I'm going to put a WTB ad up here on the forums. I'm not looking to hoard, would just love to have 1 to try. I can wait for PSA to ramp up for more.

Really glad to see most all are having great reliability with these.

If anyone reading this wants to part with one, IM me. I'm yur Huckleberry!

Thanks,
Mack
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm on the wait list with PSA on both variants of these little gems. But, I'm going to put a WTB ad up here on the forums. I'm not looking to hoard, would just love to have 1 to try. I can wait for PSA to ramp up for more.

Really glad to see most all are having great reliability with these.

If anyone reading this wants to part with one, IM me. I'm yur Huckleberry!

Thanks,
Mack
View Quote

Send me your address.

I have three I bought the first weekend they were available.  I'll send you one to try out for a month, if you'd like. When you're done, send it back (unless I've given up on the 43X/48 size by then .

I haven't had anything to use them in
I was hoping the Micro Dagger frame would have dropped by now

I ended up snagging a G48MOS with no mags off of GunBroker, but free interstore shipping means it still might be a week or two before I get it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#16]
@DavidY

Done! Thank you so much.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@DavidY

Done! Thank you so much.
View Quote

I'll drop it in the mail Wednesday morning, fingers crossed you get to try it this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#18]
So these are having more issues than the S15, but people are more willing to justify those issues.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So these are having more issues than the S15, but people are more willing to justify those issues.
View Quote

The few issues seen have been with brand new mags, and after a break in period run pretty flawlessly from every report I’ve seen. This also matches my experience.

Contrast that with the S15 on the other hand, which is on its “3rd generation” of trying to get it right, and still has consistent long term issues in certain guns.

Regardless, what is the point of your post other than trolling/derailing this thread? This is for reviews of the PSA thread. If you want to discuss micro dagger mag vs shield arms start a new thread.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2023 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:I'll drop it in the mail Wednesday morning, fingers crossed you get to try it this weekend.
View Quote

You da man! No worries, I'm retired. I've yet to even get out and shoot this year (chronic neck & mid back nerve pain) has kept me at bay thus far.

This will force me to at least get out and try the new G48.

Happy 4th brother!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of this thread seems to be excuses for why they're not working.  And the people that had issues with S15s, are going to have the same issue with these.  Because just like the S15, this places the round too far back.  The people whose guns worked with S15s, will probably work with micro daggers too, once they're broken in that is.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Most of this thread seems to be excuses for why they're not working.  And the people that had issues with S15s, are going to have the same issue with these.  Because just like the S15, this places the round too far back.  The people whose guns worked with S15s, will probably work with micro daggers too, once they're broken in that is.
View Quote

@naes commented in the shield mag thread that his S15 mags wouldn’t run but per this thread has had no issues with the PSA mags except for one break in FTF that seems to be common when mags are new and goes away with use.

What you are saying simply isn’t true. The people who report issues with the shield mags have consistent issues regardless of round count. That hasn’t been the case in this thread.

You aren’t contributing anything positive to this thread, and are either shilling for Shield arms or trolling.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guess we’ll see. If two years from now people still can’t get the PSA mags to run in a significant number of guns, then maybe these are the same. If these run well in most guns with a couple bobbles in the first 50 rounds that then go away, that’s a distinct improvement over the Shield mags. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Guess we'll see. If two years from now people still can't get the PSA mags to run in a significant number of guns, then maybe these are the same. If these run well in most guns with a couple bobbles in the first 50 rounds that then go away, that's a distinct improvement over the Shield mags. Time will tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess we'll see. If two years from now people still can't get the PSA mags to run in a significant number of guns, then maybe these are the same. If these run well in most guns with a couple bobbles in the first 50 rounds that then go away, that's a distinct improvement over the Shield mags. Time will tell.
These obviously solve the mag catch issue.  And I think the S15.3 will solve the issues with length of travel.  Now if someone would just combine the two into one.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@naes commented in the shield mag thread that his S15 mags wouldn’t run but per this thread has had no issues with the PSA mags except for one break in FTF that seems to be common when mags are new and goes away with use.

What you are saying simply isn’t true. The people who report issues with the shield mags have consistent issues regardless of round count. That hasn’t been the case in this thread.

You aren’t contributing anything positive to this thread, and are either shilling for Shield arms or trolling.
View Quote

This is very accurate.
I have a G48 that will not run shield mags at all. Constant failures.  
Those same mags work fine in one of my 43X.

Short of one PSA mag break in issue, I have 7 of these mags running flawless in three guns.  

I put another 250 rounds through the PSA mags yesterday without issue.  
I hit the mag that failed with the most of those rounds.
No issues.  

These are superior to Shield in my opinion.

My only complaint is the stupid logo being what holds them together that makes them more difficult to take apart.

Link Posted: 7/4/2023 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I should add that I think the Shield mags are great IF you happen to get a mix of gun and mag combo that actually run.

I have first hand experience with them not being compatible with all guns.  
I was never confident enough in the combo that even worked to carry these.  

Where the PSA shines is that they actually work in every gun I have tried them in.  
So for me they just work.  I’m considering putting these into actual carry use.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The few issues seen have been with brand new mags, and after a break in period run pretty flawlessly from every report I’ve seen. This also matches my experience.

Contrast that with the S15 on the other hand, which is on its “3rd generation” of trying to get it right, and still has consistent long term issues in certain guns.

Regardless, what is the point of your post other than trolling/derailing this thread? This is for reviews of the PSA thread. If you want to discuss micro dagger mag vs shield arms start a new thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  So these are having more issues than the S15, but people are more willing to justify those issues.

Given that the magazines are in direct competition to each other, then his information would seem pertinent to a Technical thread - as is your comment about the S15 magazines.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Given that the magazines are in direct competition to each other, then his information would seem pertinent to a Technical thread - as is your comment about the S15 magazines.
View Quote

He came into a thread that’s stated purpose is reviewing their experiences with PSA mags and stated an opinion that people were making excuses for the mags. I certainly haven’t seen that in this thread or elsewhere.

The fact that the S15 is on gen 3 is a factual statement.

It was certainly a GD style comment that served no other purpose other than disrupt a useful and interesting thread.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He came into a thread that’s stated purpose is reviewing their experiences with PSA mags and stated an opinion that people were making excuses for the mags. I certainly haven’t seen that in this thread or elsewhere.

It was certainly a GD style comment that served no other purpose other than disrupt a useful and interesting thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

November5 is a rather serious cat, not every comment in a Tech thread has to go your way.  Calling him a troll is GD level commentary.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

November5 is a rather serious cat, not every comment in a Tech thread has to go your way.  Calling him a troll is GD level commentary.
View Quote

I don’t know (or care) who he is, I called it like I saw it.

His statement/theory that “people who had issues with shield mags will have issues with these” was already shown to be factually wrong. Super serious guy I guess.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't know (or care) who he is, I called it like I saw it.

His statement that "people who had issues with shield mags will have issues with these" was already shown to be factually wrong. Super serious guy I guess.
View Quote
I was referring specifically to the length of travel issue that the S15s have in some guns.  I wasn't very clear on that though so my apologies.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#33]
I seem to be having the opposite experience of some of you malfunction wise.  I got two of the slick magazines last week.  They both loaded easily by hand to 15 but a loader does help as the feed lips are quite sharp. They both ran great for 130 rounds and then started getting the failures to feed that everybody else is showing in their pictures.  Rather than do a tap rack bang I was able to slightly pull back the slide and let it go and it would go into battery.  Had two in the same mag and then one more on that range trip for about 150 rounds of magtech 115 and 124 ball and my USPSA 147 reloads.  Happened with all ammo.  Went home and cleaned the gun and took apart mags and saw several pieces of plastic "flash" on inside of both mags.  Cut out as much as I could and went back to the range the next day.  1st mag stopped right away so I just set that one aside and ran the next one for 50 trouble free rounds as that is all I brought with.  (thought I brought more)

So out of about 200 rounds over two days I had four failures.  Not sure what to think at this point.  I hate wasting ammo like this.  I might take the one that ran for 50 rounds the second day to a USPSA match tonight if I can make it and see what happens.

For what it's worth I have one of the gen 2 Shield mags that does not work with this gun, either.  That is a sample of one mag but hearing all the stories I only bought one Shield mag to try.

This is a stock G43x lower and for the three weeks or so I have been using a PSA upper on it with the Glock barrel and recoil spring, with zero problems, and factory mags.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Check at 4 PM Eastern time, they tend to drop in batches at that time.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I seem to be having the opposite experience of some of you malfunction wise.  I got two of the slick magazines last week.  They both loaded easily by hand to 15 but a loader does help as the feed lips are quite sharp. They both ran great for 130 rounds and then started getting the failures to feed that everybody else is showing in their pictures.  Rather than do a tap rack bang I was able to slightly pull back the slide and let it go and it would go into battery.  Had two in the same mag and then one more on that range trip for about 150 rounds of magtech 115 and 124 ball and my USPSA 147 reloads.  Happened with all ammo.  Went home and cleaned the gun and took apart mags and saw several pieces of plastic "flash" on inside of both mags.  Cut out as much as I could and went back to the range the next day.  1st mag stopped right away so I just set that one aside and ran the next one for 50 trouble free rounds as that is all I brought with.  (thought I brought more)

So out of about 200 rounds over two days I had four failures.  Not sure what to think at this point.  I hate wasting ammo like this.  I might take the one that ran for 50 rounds the second day to a USPSA match tonight if I can make it and see what happens.

For what it's worth I have one of the gen 2 Shield mags that does not work with this gun, either.  That is a sample of one mag but hearing all the stories I only bought one Shield mag to try.

This is a stock G43x lower and for the three weeks or so I have been using a PSA upper on it with the Glock barrel and recoil spring, with zero problems, and factory mags.
View Quote

Clean gun? Appropriately lubricated?

When I had my one hiccup, early on the gun was dry and dirty. Probably didn’t help matters.

I’d be curious to see if you switched to the OEM slide and still had issues.

I’m also really curious as to why PSA hasn’t released their own lowers yet. Either they are having issues getting everything to run or are having legal/patent issues with Glock.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#36]
It quite some time before they were able to sell barrels too, just (almost) complete slides.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

When I had my one hiccup, early on the gun was dry and dirty. Probably didn’t help matters.

I’m also really curious as to why PSA hasn’t released their own lowers yet. Either they are having issues getting everything to run or are having legal/patent issues with Glock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clean and lubed gun both times.

I too thought about trying the stock slide to see what happens but suspect will have the same issues.  Or, perhaps I do just need to run more rounds through them as others on here have with some success but for now I have a feeling these will be set aside for the time being.  Perhaps PSA is aware of the few that are having issues.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Clean and lubed gun both times.

I too thought about trying the stock slide to see what happens but suspect will have the same issues.  Or, perhaps I do just need to run more rounds through them as others on here have with some success but for now I have a feeling these will be set aside for the time being.  Perhaps PSA is aware of the few that are having issues.
View Quote

Interesting, thanks for the report. Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my 2 Slick finish ones today. Seem well made. No issues after 80rds each of FMJ. I'm going to run some carry loads thru tomorrow hopefully no issues. The Shield mags would run FMJ all day but would FTF at least once a mag on several different carry loads.

Link Posted: 7/6/2023 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Just saw this on Reddit, wondering what folks here are noticing

Baseplate bulge when loaded

I find most that post on Reddit hysterical. But this one is intriguing..
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just saw this on Reddit, wondering what folks here are noticing

Baseplate bulge when loaded

I find most that post on Reddit hysterical. But this one is intriguing..
View Quote

I left four of mine loaded over the weekend but didn't see it. Since the biggest issue with Shield Mags are under springing them I'd imagine PSA overspsrung them which I'd be fine with.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I left four of mine loaded over the weekend but didn't see it. Since the biggest issue with Shield Mags are under springing them I'd imagine PSA overspsrung them which I'd be fine with.
View Quote

Sweet. Yeah, they're probably stiff as a bitch when new, but should ease up after some use.

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#43]
How far back do the PSA mags hold the cartridge compared to OEM mags? The reliability issues that many experienced with Shield Arms mags is largely attributed to the fact that they hold the rounds much further back in the gun. Just wondering how these compare.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:43:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Finally got shipping ntfn from 06/20 purchase
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 5:31:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Ordered on 6/20 also. Shipping notification received 7/6 at end of day.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#46]
I took my 2 Slick finish ones out last night and put another 90 rds thru of FMJ I'm on about 85rds per mag. I then ran some IMI JHP that Midway sells put 50 rds of that with no issues. Finally I tried some of the carry ammo I am currently using 135+p Critical Duty. I ran about 60 rds total with no issues. I feel confident enough to carry them when I pack the 43x. I need about 2-3 more and I'll be set. PSA has a winner again.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#47]
I shot my 6 new PSA mags yesterday. Only one failure to feed. The round that didn't feed was Sarsilmatz and the QC is pretty iffy on those. They fed and fired everything that was in them, from 147 HST to reloads to the afore mentioned Sarsilmatz. The cartridge was NOT picked up by the slide in that case (short recoil). Happy with my purchase!
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Post on Reddit showed them back in stock, by the time I had them in my cart at PSA all looked good. Until I got to payment, then the system puked me out. Back out of stock.

And what's really funny after trying to get either / or variant, I got emails from PSA that both were back in stock..

Waits patiently..
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:  Post on Reddit showed them back in stock, by the time I had them in my cart at PSA all looked good. Until I got to payment, then the system puked me out. Back out of stock.

And what's really funny after trying to get either / or variant, I got emails from PSA that both were back in stock..

Waits patiently..
View Quote

Try buying H&R grey A1 parts.  You get emails announcing that parts were in stock but went out of stock before they ever sent the email.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:Try buying H&R grey A1 parts.  You get emails announcing that parts were in stock but went out of stock before they ever sent the email.
View Quote

Hysterical. I'm in no rush for these, they'll eventually ramp up. I've got an OEM Glock 10rnd mag with a Tyrant CNC +4 basepad getting delivered today. Not exactly a CC option, but gives me another mag with added rounds. Plus it looks cool as can be with their magwell..

Oh SNAP! My post count is at 2112! RUSH!!!
Page / 6
Top Top