Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great to hear that some folks are having good luck with them.

I noticed that they also added a micro slick coated version.  
Also not in stock.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger-micro-9mm-15-round-slick-magazine.html
View Quote

Thanks for sharing, another notification subscribed to
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
any clue when they might be back in stock?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my three Micro Dagger magazines today.  I ordered Sunday 5-14-23 and UPS delivered them around 4 PM today.   Only had time to load each mag with fifteen of my reloads.   My load is a 115 grain Extreme plated round nose using 4.2 grains Accurate #2 with CCI small pistol primers in mixed cases.   My Glock 48 ran all 45 rounds 100% and slide locked back on all three empty mags.   I shot these mags in my Glock 48 but tomorrow plan on testing more ammo and going to use my Glock 43 slide on my Glock 48 frame.

The PSA Micro Dagger mags were no harder to load than brand new Glock 19 mags.   One mag was a littler harder to load the fifteenth round compared to the other two mags but I didn’t need a loading tool.   The mags look to be of good quality and I’ll be surprised if they stutter on hollow points.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got my three Micro Dagger magazines today.  I ordered Sunday 5-14-23 and UPS delivered them around 4 PM today.   Only had time to load each mag with fifteen of my reloads.   My load is a 115 grain Extreme plated round nose using 4.2 grains Accurate #2 with CCI small pistol primers in mixed cases.   My Glock 48 ran all 45 rounds 100% and slide locked back on all three empty mags.   I shot these mags in my Glock 48 but tomorrow plan on testing more ammo and going to use my Glock 43 slide on my Glock 48 frame.

The PSA Micro Dagger mags were no harder to load than brand new Glock 19 mags.   One mag was a littler harder to load the fifteenth round compared to the other two mags but I didn’t need a loading tool.   The mags look to be of good quality and I’ll be surprised if they stutter on hollow points.
View Quote

If you do have a stoppage, can you give an OAL at least? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good info, thank you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Another 100 rounds no issues out of the “problem” mag from the other day. It was after a good clean and lubing which seemed to help. Between initial break in and the fact the gun was dirty/dry probably caused the malfunction.

I did have a squib on 3rd to last round, but that is 100% on me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had a senior moment looked at my box of reloads and they were loaded with 4.6 grains of Accurate #2.  I guess that is typical for going by memory.   I didn’t record the overall length on the label in my box but I will measure the cartridge overall length.   I loaded these round nose shorter than the max overall length and they are plenty short in the mags.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Another 100 rounds no issues out of the “problem” mag from the other day. It was after a good clean and lubing which seemed to help. Between initial break in and the fact the gun was dirty/dry probably caused the malfunction.

View Quote

That's good news. So far nothing but good things about the new mags.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A friend had a squib once and we had nothing to get it out there or at home. I bought a brass squib rod with a delrin smash head that is to be used with a rubber mallet. Made getting it out super easy to do.

Anyway, sorry to hear and also great to hear that other than that it ran great.

Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a senior moment looked at my box of reloads and they were loaded with 4.6 grains of Accurate #2.  I guess that is typical for going by memory.   I didn’t record the overall length on the label in my box but I will measure the cartridge overall length.   I loaded these round nose shorter than the max overall length and they are plenty short in the mags.

Ah okay, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I did more testing today with my three PSA Micro Dagger Mags with some ammo I had in my stash.   I’ll document the total number of rounds fired in each of the three mags.  I numbered my mags with 1,2,3 so I can keep track of my mags reliability.

My testing started yesterday after UPS dropped off my mags.  I resumed testing today.  I loaded all mags to fifteen rounds.   Most of my testing was done using my Glock 48 which I purchased in August 2019.   My Glock 48 has been shot approximately 100 to 150 rounds with mostly my reloads.  My Glock 48 has never malfunctioned prior to using the PSA mags.   For part of my testing I used the slide off my Glock 43 on my Glock 48 frame.  I purchased my Glock 43 in May 2015 and it has been shot probably around 200 - 250 rounds but I never kept records on either pistol round count.

In the information below I loaded all three mags with the indicated type of ammunition.    Round 1 is where I fired all three magazines.  I shot each fifteen rounds then picked up my brass.  This gave the pistol time to cool and allowed me to loose very little brass.   The temperature was 65 to 70 degrees with strong gusty winds 15 gusting to 20.   My Glock 48 and 43 slide were clean and lubed with CLP prior to the test.  Unless I specifically describe all mags fed fired without malfunction and the slide locked back on empty.

Round 1 Glock 48

Mag 1, loaded 15 reloads 115 grain plated Extreme FMJ 4.6 grains Accurate #2 C.O.A,L. 1.152” +or- .001.

Mag 2, same

Mag 3, same

Round 2

Mag 1, 15 Extreme reloads

Mag 2, same

Mag 3, same

Round 3

Mag 1, 15 rounds Extreme reloads

Mag 2, same

Mag 3, 15 rounds ZVS 115 grain FMJ manufactured in Slovakia

Round 4

Mag 3, 5 rounds W-W 115 grain JHP +P+ 97 head stamp, 10 ZVS FMJ, Glock 48 fired all five W-W +P+, empties were ejected fifteen to twenty five feet, significantly further than other ammo.   Round six failed to feed, the slide over ran the head of the case.   I could not chamber the round by hitting the rear of the slide.   I cleared the malfunction and the pistol functioned with the remainder of the ammo.   The jammed cartridge was not damaged and I reloaded it back in the mag and finished the ten without issue, slide locked back on empty.

Here is a picture of the failure to feed.

Mag 2, 15 rounds of Geco 115 grain FMJ box shows RAUG Germany, manufactured in EU.

Mag 1 5 rounds 124 grain HST, 5 Extreme reloads, 5 W-W 115 grain JHP +P+

Round 5 Glock 43 slide on Glock 48 frame

Mag 1, 15 rounds Geco 115 grain FMJ

Mag 3, loaded top to bottom 3 W-W 115 JHP +P+, 5 124 grain HST, 2 ZVS 115 FMJ and 5 Geco FMJ.

This completed my testing for today and the only malfunction was with mag marked 3 with a failure to feed.   The Glock 43 slide did not throw the spent brass as far as the 48 slide.   The recoil impulse felt the same but I noticed more difficulty shooting the 43 slide.  For some reason pistols with full size grip and short slide mess with me.  I experienced the same issue with the S&W 6904 with fifteen round mag with a mag sleeve.   I shoot my Glock 43 accurately with it’s own frame whether six round flat base or plus 1 Pearce grip extension.

I tried using the slide release and sling shot method to chamber the first round out of the mag.  I never encountered any issues loading the pistol.  The mags fall free with Glock 48 slide but mag 3 was a little sticky with the 43 slide when locked open on empty.   I tried shooting fast, double taps, triple taps.   I tried changing my shooting cadence and the pistols with PSA mags performed just like the factory ten round mag.   One malfunction with hot twenty six year old ammo doesn't negatively affect my opinion on these mags.

My carry load in 9 MM pistols is Federal standard pressure 124 grain  HST.   The W-W 115 grain +P+ was ammo left over from when my Agency issued S&W second and third gen 9 MM pistols (439, 5904/6904).

I really like these new PSA mags and I’ll be surprised if I encounter further issues.   So far each of the three mags has shot seventy five rounds.  Here is a picture of the W-W 115 grain JHP +P+ bullet and this ammo was very reliable in our S&W 9’s.

Here is a picture of my 43 slide on the 48 frame with a loaded PSA mag in the well.   You can see how I numbered my mags for reference.

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Peddling them or not. I haven’t ever heard of them selling a PSA made firearm that was a turd.

The only firearm advertising that works for gun makers are pew tubers.
View Quote

You seem to have forgotten the growing pains PSA went through when they first started selling their ARs. Many on arfcom found them to be “turds”.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I did more testing today with my three PSA Micro Dagger Mags with some ammo I had in my stash.   I’ll document the total number of rounds fired in each of the three mags.  I numbered my mags with 1,2,3 so I can keep track of my mags reliability.

My testing started yesterday after UPS dropped off my mags.  I resumed testing today.  I loaded all mags to fifteen rounds.   Most of my testing was done using my Glock 48 which I purchased in August 2019.   My Glock 48 has been shot approximately 100 to 150 rounds with mostly my reloads.  My Glock 48 has never malfunctioned prior to using the PSA mags.   For part of my testing I used the slide off my Glock 43 on my Glock 48 frame.  I purchased my Glock 43 in May 2015 and it has been shot probably around 200 - 250 rounds but I never kept records on either pistol round count.

In the information below I loaded all three mags with the indicated type of ammunition.    Round 1 is where I fired all three magazines.  I shot each fifteen rounds then picked up my brass.  This gave the pistol time to cool and allowed me to loose very little brass.   The temperature was 65 to 70 degrees with strong gusty winds 15 gusting to 20.   My Glock 48 and 43 slide were clean and lubed with CLP prior to the test.  Unless I specifically describe all mags fed fired without malfunction and the slide locked back on empty.

Round 1 Glock 48

Mag 1, loaded 15 reloads 115 grain plated Extreme FMJ 4.6 grains Accurate #2 C.O.A,L. 1.152” +or- .001.

Mag 2, same

Mag 3, same

Round 2

Mag 2, same

Mag 3, same

Round 3

Mag 2, same

Round 4

Mag 3, 5 rounds W-W 115 grain JHP +P+ 97 head stamp, 10 ZVS FMJ, Glock 48 fired all five W-W +P+, empties were ejected fifteen to twenty five feet, significantly further than other ammo.   Round six failed to feed, the slide over ran the head of the case.   I could not chamber the round by hitting the rear of the slide.   I cleared the malfunction and the pistol functioned with the remainder of the ammo.   The jammed cartridge was not damaged and I reloaded it back in the mag and finished the ten without issue, slide locked back on empty.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52925475796_ae9f10baf8_c.jpg

Mag 2, 15 rounds of Geco 115 grain FMJ box shows RAUG Germany, manufactured in EU.

Mag 3, loaded top to bottom 3 W-W 115 JHP +P+, 5 124 grain HST, 2 ZVS 115 FMJ and 5 Geco FMJ.

This completed my testing for today and the only malfunction was with mag marked 3 with a failure to feed.   The Glock 43 slide did not throw the spent brass as far as the 48 slide.   The recoil impulse felt the same but I noticed more difficulty shooting the 43 slide.  For some reason pistols with full size grip and short slide mess with me.  I experienced the same issue with the S&W 6904 with fifteen round mag with a mag sleeve.   I shoot my Glock 43 accurately with it’s own frame whether six round flat base or plus 1 Pearce grip extension.

I tried using the slide release and sling shot method to chamber the first round out of the mag.  I never encountered any issues loading the pistol.  The mags fall free with Glock 48 slide but mag 3 was a little sticky with the 43 slide when locked open on empty.   I tried shooting fast, double taps, triple taps.   I tried changing my shooting cadence and the pistols with PSA mags performed just like the factory ten round mag.   One malfunction with hot twenty six year old ammo doesn't negatively affect my opinion on these mags.

My carry load in 9 MM pistols is Federal standard pressure 124 grain  HST.   The W-W 115 grain +P+ was ammo left over from when my Agency issued S&W second and third gen 9 MM pistols (439, 5904/6904).

I really like these new PSA mags and I’ll be surprised if I encounter further issues.   So far each of the three mags has shot seventy five rounds.  Here is a picture of the W-W 115 grain JHP +P+ bullet and this ammo was very reliable in our S&W 9’s.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52925924243_0b46e0a04e_c.jpg

Here is a picture of my 43 slide on the 48 frame with a loaded PSA mag in the well.   You can see how I numbered my mags for reference.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52925924718_06b1d85837_c.jpg

View Quote

That's awesome. Only one 25 year old +P+ rd. My old Gen 3 Glock 17 would blow the mag out when I ran +P+ rds.

So far this is great news. I bet that little slide was flying with +P+ ammo. Can you fault the gun?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I probably way under estimated how many rounds have been fired in my Glock 48 and my Glock 43.   I shoot at my house all the time and go through a lot of reloads and rimfire ammo.   The Glock 43 slide performed better with the Winchester 115 grain JHP +P+ compared to the Glock 48.   I don’t know if the 43 slide is better because it is more worn in.   With the 43 slide there wasn’t as much difference in the ejection pattern between the different types of ammo compared to the Glock 48 slide.  

If I had to guess I’d say the dwell time affected the Glock 48 with the +P+ ammo.   Maybe the longer barrel produced more slide velocity since the bullet had further to travel in those milliseconds.  It’s a non issue because I don’t plan on shooting anymore of my old duty ammo.  I had a few rounds left in a box and decided to shoot them with the new PSA mags.    Both slides were very comfortable to shoot with the 124 grain HST and the FMJ ammo.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Round 1 Glock 48

Mag 2, same

Mag 3, same

Round 2

Mag 2, same

Mag 3, same

Round 3

Mag 2, same

Round 4

View Quote

That was the exact same kind of failure to feed I had the other day.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:12:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Round 1 Glock 48

Mag 2, same

Mag 3, same

Round 2

Mag 2, same

Mag 3, same

Round 3

Mag 2, same

Round 4

View Quote

Thank you sharing, looking forward to more results from you and the others. I am having some confidence now after reading your after action writeups.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Anybody ran any JHP yet. My Shield mags would run ball ammo all day without an issue but as soon as I switched to carry loads I began having feeding issues. I tried
124gr Ranger +p,
135 gr Critical Duty and
147 gr. HST and all would have 2-3 stoppages per mag with the Shield Gen 2x. Hoping these PSA will feed them reliably.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#18]
sorry. we've been so busy at work.  I finally had time to run my three mags.  Ran two mags in my 43X MOS and one mag in a coworker's silver-slide 43X.
All mags were loaded with CCI 125gr Blazer Brass FMJ ammo and Federal 115gr JHP HST.  So only a 90 round test.
Guns ate it all with no issue.  That 15th round is hard to load by hand.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
sorry. we've been so busy at work.  I finally had time to run my three mags.  Ran two mags in my 43X MOS and one mag in a coworker's silver-slide 43X.
All mags were loaded with CCI 125gr Blazer Brass FMJ ammo and Federal 115gr JHP HST.  So only a 90 round test.
Guns ate it all with no issue.  That 15th round is hard to load by hand.

View Quote

125 FMJ and Federal now has a 115 grain HST? You sure it wasn't 115 Blazer and 124 HST now, right ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#20]
PSA Micro Dagger Mag test 5-26-23 update.

I tested my three PSA Micro Dagger mags again today but the wind is worse today than yesterday.    I finally got tired of fighting the wind after testing two rounds with my Glock 48.

Round 6

Mag 1, loaded 15 reloads, AAC 115 grain FMJ 4.6 Grains Accurate #2 CCI Magnum small pistol primers, round 9 failed to completely feed tapped rear of slide chambered finished the mag, slide locked to the rear when empty

Mag 2, same ammo

Mag 3, same ammo, sling shot chambering first round hung up. Tried slide release after inspecting mag.  Still hung up using slide release.  Checked top round by plunk test, cartridge ok, reloaded mag and chambered no issue.  This mag was disassembled earlier today for inspection.   Fired all 15 rounds and locked back on empty.

Round 7

Mag 1, 15 rounds Winchester 115 grain JHP

MAG 2, 15 Winchester 115 FMJ White Box

Mag 3, 15 Winchester 115 FMJ White Box

Here is a picture of the Winchester white box ammo used in the test.  The 115 grain FMJ was a bulk pack of two hundred rounds.  Packaged with two one hundred round boxes.

Each of my three mags has been loaded with fifteen rounds seven times or 105 rounds per mag or total test 315 rounds.

I’ve experienced two failure to feed, one in magazine three and one in magazine one.   I didn’t take a picture of the second failure to feed as it was only out of battery less than a quarter inch, a tap on the back of the slide put the pistol in battery.  This was with reloaded ammo with mixed brands of brass.

I think the one instance where the top round failed to chamber could possibly because I disassembled and the spring might of contributed to the top cartridge wanting to nose dive.   Taking a couple rounds out of the mag tapping the mag  and reloading those two rounds resolved the issue.   The first round chambered using the slide release.   After this incident mag three cycled two more fulls mags without a malfunction.

Up to this point I’ve only tested 115 grain Winchester hollow points and 124 grain HST.  I normally shoot 115 grain FMJ for target and training.   I currently don’t have any other bullet weights to test.

This is a sample size of three individual PSA mags in my Glock 48.   I don’t think I’ll test these mags with my 43 slide on the Glock 48 frame any further.   I prefer my Glock 48 and Glock 43 and don’t see getting a Glock 43X.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
PSA Micro Dagger Mag test 5-26-23 update.

I tested my three PSA Micro Dagger mags again today but the wind is worse today than yesterday.    I finally got tired of fighting the wind after testing two rounds with my Glock 48.

Round 6

Mag 1, loaded 15 reloads, AAC 115 grain FMJ 4.6 Grains Accurate #2 CCI Magnum small pistol primers, round 9 failed to completely feed tapped rear of slide chambered finished the mag, slide locked to the rear when empty

Mag 2, same ammo

Mag 3, same ammo, sling shot chambering first round hung up. Tried slide release after inspecting mag.  Still hung up using slide release.  Checked top round by plunk test, cartridge ok, reloaded mag and chambered no issue.  This mag was disassembled earlier today for inspection.   Fired all 15 rounds and locked back on empty.

Round 7

Mag 1, 15 rounds Winchester 115 grain JHP

MAG 2, 15 Winchester 115 FMJ White Box

Mag 3, 15 Winchester 115 FMJ White Box

Here is a picture of the Winchester white box ammo used in the test.  The 115 grain FMJ was a bulk pack of two hundred rounds.  Packaged with two one hundred round boxes.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52928275870_e272072721_c.jpg

Each of my three mags has been loaded with fifteen rounds seven times or 105 rounds per mag or total test 315 rounds.

I’ve experienced two failure to feed, one in magazine three and one in magazine one.   I didn’t take a picture of the second failure to feed as it was only out of battery less than a quarter inch, a tap on the back of the slide put the pistol in battery.  This was with reloaded ammo with mixed brands of brass.

I think the one instance where the top round failed to chamber could possibly because I disassembled and the spring might of contributed to the top cartridge wanting to nose dive.   Taking a couple rounds out of the mag tapping the mag  and reloading those two rounds resolved the issue.   The first round chambered using the slide release.   After this incident mag three cycled two more fulls mags without a malfunction.

Up to this point I’ve only tested 115 grain Winchester hollow points and 124 grain HST.  I normally shoot 115 grain FMJ for target and training.   I currently don’t have any other bullet weights to test.

This is a sample size of three individual PSA mags in my Glock 48.   I don’t think I’ll test these mags with my 43 slide on the Glock 48 frame any further.   I prefer my Glock 48 and Glock 43 and don’t see getting a Glock 43X.

View Quote

These are the ones without the regular finish and not the micro slick finish, right?

I'd love to see if anyone reviewing has these as well or someone else.

What's your trust level with these as is?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

These are the ones without the regular finish and not the micro slick finish, right?

I'd love to see if anyone reviewing has these as well or someone else.

What's your trust level with these as is?
View Quote

Correct black finish, looks and feels like DLc but seems to be a durable metal finish.  I’m not sure if the silver finished Micro Dagger mag has been released.  I’ve only seen them listed on PSA web site.

I trust the three I got, I think they are going to be good mags and they seem well made.  I like how they bonded the polymer to the metal body.   I’d have no hesitation carrying my three PSA mags.  The fifteen Winchester white box 115 grain JHP shot real smooth as did my HST 124 grain.   From the reports I’m reading PSA mags are doing better after release than Shield Arms.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Correct black finish, looks and feels like DLc but seems to be a durable metal finish.  I’m not sure if the silver finished Micro Dagger mag has been released.  I’ve only seen them listed on PSA web site.

I trust the three I got, I think they are going to be good mags and they seem well made.  I like how they bonded the polymer to the metal body.   I’d have no hesitation carrying my three PSA mags.  The fifteen Winchester white box 115 grain JHP shot real smooth as did my HST 124 grain.   From the reports I’m reading PSA mags are doing better after release than Shield Arms.
View Quote

That's great to hear, thanks again for your time and efforts in vetting these. I am now much looking forward to getting some for myself now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I was showing the guys at GT Distributors one of my (empty) mags and one of the guys grabbed a gun out of the display to see how it fit.  Fit fine and ejected fine.  

If I was thinking, I should have let one of the guys borrow it over their long weekend to run some rounds through it.  I'm dumb
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:58:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anybody ran any JHP yet. My Shield mags would run ball ammo all day without an issue but as soon as I switched to carry loads I began having feeding issues. I tried
124gr Ranger +p,
135 gr Critical Duty and
147 gr. HST and all would have 2-3 stoppages per mag with the Shield Gen 2x. Hoping these PSA will feed them reliably.
View Quote

One mag (15 rds) of HST 147.  No issues.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#26]
One of PSA's employees IG posts a few days or weeks before products get released. He posted these yesterday.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Ran approximately 250 more rounds through my five mags today.  Some 115, two types of 124 and some 147.   Poured everything into a dump pouch and loaded mags randomly.    Each mag got loaded to capacity and shot twice and then I did a bunch of short loads (2-3 rounds) to test lock back at empty.   Couple issues but I don't think they are mag related.  I'm still in the "these are great" camp.   Failure to lock back on an empty mag twice early on.  Pretty sure I was riding the slide/stop.  After the gun got hot and I kept my thumb off the slide I could not replicate the issue.  I also had two failures to eject.  I can't imagine these were mag related.  Both cases was Blazer Brass 115.  Empty fired case was still stuck in the extractor as the slide went forward and tried to chamber the subsequent round.  Lock slide back, clear fired brass, release slide and right back to working.  I'm chalking those to up to weak ammo and a filthy pistol.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah does not sound like mag issues. The mag worked and fed the gun. I've had some issues with blazer brass 115 ball recently not ejecting from my trusted 48.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I ran 390 rounds through these mags today with zero issues.  

I frequently do not get slide lock on empty but that is 100% my grip as it happens with PSA, stock and shield mags.

300 rounds were a mix of Herters (Winchester) 115 grain, Blazer 124 grain and Monarch brass (PPU) 115 grain.

20 rounds were Federal HST 124 and 20 rounds were Sig V crown that I don’t recall the weight of.

All of that was while running a micro dagger slide.  
I also ran 50 rounds of Herters 115 with the stock slide.

Zero malfunctions
So far things are looking good for these mags in my eyes.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Micro Dagger Magazine test 5-28-23

I always like clear cut performance where something works or it doesn’t.   I’m left with some dismay after further testing.   I loaded two of my three mags last night with fifteen Federal HST and carried my Glock 48 out to dinner last night with my wife and Friends.  Very low threat environment but was in another city eighty miles away.

I get my yard mowed this morning, nice day with light wind.  I load up my three PSA fifteen round mini Dagger mags with fifteen rounds of Winchester white box 115 grain FMJ factory ammo.    Below are the results where the Winchester ammo was not reliable.  I always thought WWB ammo was generally low quality ammo but I previously ran twenty rounds with no malfunctions in my PSA mags.   I had not cleaned my Glock 48 or the PSA mags since the last range report.

Round 8

Mag 1. 15 rounds Winchester White box 115 grain full metal jacket.  Round 5 failed to feed.  Round 9 failed to feed.  Slide over rim on both FTF

Mag 2. Same. Round 5 failed to feed same as other FTF. Round 6 FTF round 7 FTF.

Discontinued the test with WWB ammo..

Loaded ten WWB 115 grain FMJ in factory Glock 43 fired all ten rounds no malfunctions.

Mag 3. Loaded with reloads ACC 115 grain FMJ 4.6 grains Accurate #2 CCI Mag primers, no malfunctions.

Round 9

Mag 2. Fifteen reloads ACC 115 grain FMJ 4.6 grains Accurate #2 CCI Mag primer. No malfunctions.

Mag 1. Same reload no malfunctions.

Mag 3. Same reload no malfunctions

Round 10

Mag 1. Fifteen AAC 115 grain FMJ 4.6 grains Accurate #2 CCI Mag pistol primer.  No malfunctions.

Mag 2. Same no malfunctions

Mag 3. Same no malfunctions

From my shooting today you can see that I had two malfunctions on WWB and each time the breach face over rode the base of the cartridge in mag 1 and pinched the cartridge without feeding.   To me this indicates insufficient rearward slide movement or the mag not raising the top cartridge quickly enough for the slide to push the cartridge into the chamber.   All but one of my failure to feed stoppages have been the same malfuntion.   On one of my reloads I had to bump the slide closed on less than one quarter inch out of battery.

I next tried mag 2.  Same malfunctions, extracted cartridge slide did not pick up the base of the top cartridge in the mag.   I cleared the malfunction on cartridge number five, cartridge six had the same failure to feed.  Same for cartridge seven which failed to feed with the same breach face not picking up the base of the top cartridge.

Completely frustrated I loaded ten WWB 115 grain FMJ in my factory Glock 48 ten round mags. The pistol cycled through all ten rounds without a malfunction.   I loaded mag 3 with fifteen rounds of my reloads with AAC 115 grain FMJ, 4.6 grains Accurate #2 and CCI Magnum primers.  This mag cycled all fifteen rounds no malfunctions.

I then shot round 9 and round 10 with my reloads without a malfunction.

My opinion is the Winchester ammo is under powered with inconsistent velocity or pressure.   The WWB feels like weak ammo compared to my reloads.  The Western/Accurate loading data recommends a maximum charge of 4.6 grains of Accurate #2 with a Sierra 115 grain FMJ with a WSP primer for a velocity of 1088 FPS out of a 4” test barrel.   For 9 MM +P Western recommends a start load of 4.6 grains Accurate #2 with a max load of 5.1 grains with a 115 grain Sierra FMJ.

Bottom line the Glock factory ten round magazine is reliable but further testing would determine if the ten round factory mag would have malfunctions with WWB.

Here are pictures of the malfunctions with the WWB ammo.

These are the facts from my testing.  I tend to think the PSA fifteen round magazine are probably gtg and think my failure to feed is with lightly loaded Winchester White Box ammo.   Ultimately each user has to decide for themselves on which magazine and weapon to use.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Micro Dagger Magazine test 5-28-23

I always like clear cut performance where something works or it doesn’t.   I’m left with some dismay after further testing.   I loaded two of my three mags last night with fifteen Federal HST and carried my Glock 48 out to dinner last night with my wife and Friends.  Very low threat environment but was in another city eighty miles away.

I get my yard mowed this morning, nice day with light wind.  I load up my three PSA fifteen round mini Dagger mags with fifteen rounds of Winchester white box 115 grain FMJ factory ammo.    Below are the results where the Winchester ammo was not reliable.  I always thought WWB ammo was generally low quality ammo but I previously ran twenty rounds with no malfunctions in my PSA mags.   I had not cleaned my Glock 48 or the PSA mags since the last range report.

Round 8

Mag 1. 15 rounds Winchester White box 115 grain full metal jacket.  Round 5 failed to feed.  Round 9 failed to feed.  Slide over rim on both FTF

Mag 2. Same. Round 5 failed to feed same as other FTF. Round 6 FTF round 7 FTF.

Discontinued the test with WWB ammo..

Loaded ten WWB 115 grain FMJ in factory Glock 43 fired all ten rounds no malfunctions.

Mag 3. Loaded with reloads ACC 115 grain FMJ 4.6 grains Accurate #2 CCI Mag primers, no malfunctions.

Round 9

Mag 2. Fifteen reloads ACC 115 grain FMJ 4.6 grains Accurate #2 CCI Mag primer. No malfunctions.

Mag 1. Same reload no malfunctions.

Mag 3. Same reload no malfunctions

Round 10

Mag 1. Fifteen AAC 115 grain FMJ 4.6 grains Accurate #2 CCI Mag pistol primer.  No malfunctions.

Mag 2. Same no malfunctions

Mag 3. Same no malfunctions

From my shooting today you can see that I had two malfunctions on WWB and each time the breach face over rode the base of the cartridge in mag 1 and pinched the cartridge without feeding.   To me this indicates insufficient rearward slide movement or the mag not raising the top cartridge quickly enough for the slide to push the cartridge into the chamber.   All but one of my failure to feed stoppages have been the same malfuntion.   On one of my reloads I had to bump the slide closed on less than one quarter inch out of battery.

I next tried mag 2.  Same malfunctions, extracted cartridge slide did not pick up the base of the top cartridge in the mag.   I cleared the malfunction on cartridge number five, cartridge six had the same failure to feed.  Same for cartridge seven which failed to feed with the same breach face not picking up the base of the top cartridge.

Completely frustrated I loaded ten WWB 115 grain FMJ in my factory Glock 48 ten round mags. The pistol cycled through all ten rounds without a malfunction.   I loaded mag 3 with fifteen rounds of my reloads with AAC 115 grain FMJ, 4.6 grains Accurate #2 and CCI Magnum primers.  This mag cycled all fifteen rounds no malfunctions.

I then shot round 9 and round 10 with my reloads without a malfunction.

My opinion is the Winchester ammo is under powered with inconsistent velocity or pressure.   The WWB feels like weak ammo compared to my reloads.  The Western/Accurate loading data recommends a maximum charge of 4.6 grains of Accurate #2 with a Sierra 115 grain FMJ with a WSP primer for a velocity of 1088 FPS out of a 4” test barrel.   For 9 MM +P Western recommends a start load of 4.6 grains Accurate #2 with a max load of 5.1 grains with a 115 grain Sierra FMJ.

Bottom line the Glock factory ten round magazine is reliable but further testing would determine if the ten round factory mag would have malfunctions with WWB.

Here are pictures of the malfunctions with the WWB ammo.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52933422513_c46524fa74_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52933369080_88eee79b0a_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52933369215_7b8cd73668_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52932976671_795aa12e00_c.jpg

These are the facts from my testing.  I tend to think the PSA fifteen round magazine are probably gtg and think my failure to feed is with lightly loaded Winchester White Box ammo.   Ultimately each user has to decide for themselves on which magazine and weapon to use.

View Quote

I was going to ask if anyone that had an issue or not, would also run the same ammo in factory Glock magazines to compare things with. I am still going to pick some up for myself but I will go ahead and vet them before trusting it to carry just like I do with my Glocks.

Thank you and the others for your time & efforts, this has been fruitful for us all.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#32]
First thank you for sharing the results. I realized some time back the glock 43, 43x and 48 do not like to run 100 percent with weaker ammo. From what you describe it sounds like my theory is still correct.

The only time I have malfunctions with those guns is when I run weak ammo. The same ammo works well in my 17 and 19 or 26.

I think the open/dwell time is longer with the larger guns. The small guns do have lighter slides. They will run very fast. My 43x is a little over 5k rds. I started having ftf with all mags including OEM last month. I replaced the rsa and the gun has not had a malfunction since. The new spring appears to be keeping the slide closed a little longer and reducing slide velocity. As a result the slide travels slower backwards and gives the mag time to force the next rd into position.  

These are just my thoughts. Neither of my guns have had any issues running 124gr +P Speer Gold Dots or Federal 124gr +P HST rds.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Just some additional thoughts.  My three PSA mags have had two other stoppages.  One was the same slide over cartridge head failure to feed after firing a W-W 115 grain +P+ manufactured in 1997-1998.   The sixth cartridge in the mag which failed to feed was a ZVS 115 grain FMJ.  The second malfunction prior to today was where one of my reloads failed to completely go into battery.  A light tap on the back of the slide chambered the round and it fired and cycled through the rest of the mag.

My PSA mags have never failed to lock back on empty or had your typical stove pipe jam.  My Glock 48 had previously fired 315 rounds prior to the magazine loaded with WWB in round eight.   The Glock factory single stack inline ten round magazine would tend to be more reliable than a double stack single feed magazine like the PSA Mini Dagger magazine.   The PSA tends to be reliable with full power ammunition.

I’m going to clean and lube my Glock 48 then load all three PSA mags with fifteen cartridges.  I’m going to let the mags set loaded for about a week then retest with some Geco 115 grain FMJ.   IF the mags function 100% with Geco I might run a couple of full mags of Federal 124 grain HST.

I really think my failure to feed malfunctions were because of weak inconsistent Winchester White Box ammunition with 115 grain FMJ.  I’ve seen this ammo malfunction in other completely reliable pistols.   I have put approximately 450 rounds of ammunition in my three PSA mags and they still seem to be decent quality mags.  I don’t regret buying them but was a little concerned with the failures to feed today.  After firing seven straight full mags of my reloads and no additional failures of any kind makes me believe the earlier malfunctions were because of the ammunition.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm starting to wonder if the micro compacts like 115gr ammo. My FTFeeds have all been 115gr.

I don't have PSA mags yet.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#36]
I think the ammunition has a great bearing on the recoil momentum of the slide.   The 115 grain FMJ factory ammo seems to produce a lighter recoil impulse than the normally hotter 115 grain JHP ammo.   The Winchester White Box I shot seemed to have the least felt recoil of any ammunition I’ve shot with the PSA mags.   I’ve got a chronograph I guess I need to chronograph my ammunition and see if there is a threshold where the 115 grain ammo starts to malfunction.   I want my 9 MM reloads to produce velocity similar to factory ammunition and why I loaded them on the upper end for standard pressure.

A heavier bullet will generally impart more recoil momentum to the slide if loaded to the same pressure as 115 grain FMJ bullet.   If the spring in the PSA mag was weak the failures would occur with higher pressure ammunition where the slide is reciprocating faster than the mag can raise the next cartridge.   I didn’t perceive any difference in recoil with the 115 grain JHP +P+  that produced the failure to feed. After firing the last +P+ it did produce a failure where the slide failed to engage the case head on the top cartridge in the magazine.   Each time the slide has hit the side of the brass on the partially fed cartridge.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I put another 60 rounds through each of my magazines and some Critical Duty hollow points. Everything feed just fine but one of the magazines never locked the slide back today.  They both locked the slide the first outing but this time only one did.  The other psa mag and the Glock mags I used locked the slide back every time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They use heavier springs to compensate for the reduced slide mass. It may well be that issues pop up with weaker ammo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm starting to wonder if the micro compacts like 115gr ammo. My FTFeeds have all been 115gr.

I don't have PSA mags yet.

They use heavier springs to compensate for the reduced slide mass. It may well be that issues pop up with weaker ammo.

Might could lock the slide back and leave it open for a few days, maybe a week, then give the 115 ammo another chance. Dealt with plenty of automatic shotguns that wouldn't cycle bird loads with new actions springs, but locking the action open for a bit usually solved the issue.

I've had no issues with PMC 115 and factory 10 round mags, and the PMC stuff is loaded on the lighter end. Haven't had a chance to get any of the PSA mags yet.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Looking back to when I purchased my 48 three years ago. I don't think I've ever had a malfunction with 124 or 147 grain ammo. Same applies to my 43x. Picked it up early last summer. Never had problems until last month. Replaced the rsa (43x) and no more problems.

This has nothing to do with PSA mags, just interesting none the less.

I keep trying to order some but I have not been able to catch them in stock.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Another 115 flawless rounds, mostly out of mag 2, the one that had the failure on its first use. I think cleaning and lubing helped. That makes a little over 260 rounds with one failure on a dirty/dry gun and a brand new mag.

I’m carrying with a PSA mag right now if that says anything.

Would like to put a few more rounds through them still, but so far I’m pleased. All with 147gr reloads btw.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Another 115 flawless rounds, mostly out of mag 2, the one that had the failure on its first use. I think cleaning and lubing helped. That makes a little over 260 rounds with one failure on a dirty/dry gun and a brand new mag.

Would like to put a few more rounds through them still, but so far I’m pleased. All with 147gr reloads btw.
View Quote

Good news is always good.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great to hear, and thank you for the updates, even the nerdy OAL and what type of ammo requests from me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#43]
June 3, 2023 Micro Dagger Mag update. I cleaned the Glock 48 after last weeks test.  I loaded mags 2 and 3 with fifteen rounds.   Mag 1 I loaded with fifteen rounds of 124 grain Federal HST.  I chambered round fifteen and did not top off the mag.    The mags set loaded until today.   I unloaded mag 1 and mag 2 HST’s and reloaded with my reloads.

No malfunctions today and the springs in the PSA mags appear to have taken set.   After shooting these PSA Micro Dagger mags today I trust them.

Round 11

Mag 1, fifteen rounds reloads 115 grain AAC FMJ 4.6 grains Accurate # 2 CCI SP Mag primers.

Mag 2 same

Mag 3 same

Round 12

Mag 1, ten rounds 124 grains HST last five AAC 115 grain FMJ reloads

I plan on buying some 124 grain ammo to test as of right now I only have 115 grain JHP and FMJ.  I also still have a supply of my Federal HST carry ammo.

If I obtain other ammo to test I will post my results.   I have shot a minimum of 165 rounds in each mag.  Each magazine was loaded to fifteen rounds for each round of testing.  

Other than the one failure to chamber after I disassembled mag three every mag has chambered the top cartridge.   This is whether using the slide release or when I sling shot the slide to chamber a cartridge.   The slide has always locked back on empty using the PSA Micro Dagger mags.

Other than once after shooting a W-W 115 grain JHP +P+ did a reloaded FMJ fail to completely go into battery the mags are gtg.  A light tap at the back of the slide chambered the round.  

The only other failures were with factory Winchester White box 115 grain FMJ ammo which failed to cycle the slide far enough to the rear to push the next cartridge out of the PSA mag.   I attribute these failures to feed with the Micro Dagger mags as ammo related.

I finished off this box of 100 count WWB 115 grain FMJ ammo of in my Glock 43 and my Dagger slide with Vortex Venom on a Combat Armory frame.   The WWB cycled 100% but had weak ejection and had a light recoil impulse.

My three PSA Micro Dagger mags have shot approximately 525 cartridges.   The fit and finish is still very good on these PSA mags.   I’m glad I bought the PSA mags and like the fact I can use the factory mag catch.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#44]
That is great news. I'm looking forward to getting some.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#45]
That is great news. I'm looking forward to getting some.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#46]
PSA Micro Dagger mag test 06-09-2023

Continuation from Round 12

Mag 2. fifteen rounds reloads AAC 115 grain FMJ 4.6 grains Accurate #2 CCI SP Mag

Mag 3. Same

Round 13

Mag 1. Fifteen rounds Red Army Standard 124 grain FMJ

MAG 2.  Same

Mag 3.  Same

No malfunctions, slide locked open on empty empty, mags fall free under gravity on pressing mag release.   First time I’ve ever shot Red Army Standard 9 MM.   Initial  impression good quality clean shooting ammo and very consistent shot to shot.

The PSA Micro Dagger mags are easier to reload now than when new.  I shot my Combat Armory 19 size Frame with Dagger slide with Vortex Venom today after shooting my Glock 48.   The Glock 19 factory fifteen round mags are just a little easier to load compared to the PSA Micro Dagger mags.    The recoil on the Glock 19 clone seems a little less than the Glock 48.   The wider 19 size frame distributes the recoil better and it is less snappy than the Glock 48 which uses the shorter 43/43X dual recoil spring.

I still like the Glock 48 which is easier to conceal than a Glock 19.   I’ve shot approximately 195 rounds through each of my three PSA Micro Dagger mags for a total of 575 rounds (didn’t finish mag 2 round 8 with WWB ammo).   I think my three PSA Micro Dagger mags are gtg and I am using my the Micro Dagger mags when I carry my Glock 48.

Here are pictures of the Red Army Standard 9 MM box shot today.

Here is a picture of my Glock 48 with a PSA Micro Dagger mag in the well with the factory Glock 48 mag to the right.

Here is a picture of my Combat Armory 19.3 clone with PSA Dagger slide and CA barrel I shot today for side by side comparison.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Thank you for the updates. Sounds like these need to have a break in period before using to EDC with. Great data follow ups, thank you sir.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I swapped the mag release back to stock on my G48 that refuses to run shield arms mags.  

I ran 200 rounds with the PSA mags without issue.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I swapped the mag release back to stock on my G48 that refuses to run shield arms mags.  

I ran 200 rounds with the PSA mags without issue.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Forgot to update over the weekend.   Cleaned the G48.  30 rounds more through each of my five mags.   Zero malfunctions.   I'm calling mine good to go and will start carrying with the PSA mags.
Page / 6
Top Top