Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2012 3:20:12 PM EDT
There are a few floating around but are tough to find, if you are searching hard enough.
I saw a 26 at the Gun Room in Shrewsbury for $700 in 99% condition and Four Seasons has a 27 for $799.
The full size Glocks are easier to come by but the subs are downright elusive.

Those of you that just dropped your jaw, welcome to the ban state.

Anyone else out there in good ol USA seeing  used Glocks going for big coin?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
What's special about it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

There are a few floating around but are tough to find, if you are searching hard enough.

I saw a 26 at the Gun Room in Shrewsbury for $700 in 99% condition and Four Seasons has a 27 for $799.

The full size Glocks are easier to come by but the subs are downright elusive.
Those of you that just dropped your jaw, welcome to the ban state.
Anyone else out there in good ol USA seeing  used Glocks going for big coin.  

Prior to the last 2 weeks? No used PD trade ins, around $390 - I would never buy one used most 3rd gens new in the box $499-$525

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What's special about it?

We cannot buy any new Glocks that were not registered in state before October 1998. AG's office circumvented conventional legislature and created strict gun laws under consumer protection law.
There are a ton of new hand guns we cannot buy!

This link will explain most of it. Laws link

The rest of you get your party pants on based on the recent talks. we have been crying for years.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's special about it?

We cannot buy any new Glocks that were not registered in state before October 1998. AG's office circumvented conventional legislature and created strict gun laws under consumer protection law.
There are a ton of new hand guns we cannot buy!

This link will explain most of it. Laws link

The rest of you get your party pants on based on the recent talks. we have been crying for years.

So, say if someone had a Gen2 17, that they would be willing to trade for the price of a post '98 sample.

Would that help you out?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#5]
What if you owned it before you moved to Mass? What are you supposed to do with your firearms, then?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What if you owned it before you moved to Mass? What are you supposed to do with your firearms, then?

Pfffft.    Petty civilian, leave them at the border of course.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, I was reading your gun laws and firearms transaction records, etc. Holey Moley! What the heck are you guys doing there? Get out while you can. I never knew Mass was so restrictive. It makes me glad I moved out in 1975. So sorry for you. I mean that.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:48:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I've seen some used Gen2 20s and 21s going for $700 ish in good ol' Taxachusetts
New gen 3s 20s & 21s are $500-600 ish outside the wire.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You are allowed to move into the state with your existing firearms.

I have begged my wife to leave unfortunately work and family have put a long term hold on that. I would love to sell my home and move elsewhere but as most of you know that is not an easy or viable option in this economy. Think of what it would take if you chose to.

In regards to firearms, it is crazy how repressive things are here. If you look further down on the link page I posted you can see how extensive the list of "banned guns" really is.

To the poster that asked about helping out, much appreciation. However I am in good shape. If I was inclined the issue is that, as federal law states any out of state handgun transfer must be completed by an FFL here or anywhere.

I was trying to provide two things in this thread.
One was that there are a few compliant Glocks out there for us behind the line.
Two was to hopefully enlighten others that we need to speak up when the talk of bans occur. Be proactive not reactive.

I hope to send some rounds downrange tomorrow with my "evil" AR's, SCAR 17, and of course some of my Glocks.     Happy shooting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top