Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 8:15:08 PM EDT
Looking at few for an in the pants holsters for an M&P .40 full size.
Cross Breed  Super Tuck
Minotaur MTAC Holster: Cool feature is that you can buy other Kydex "holsters" to fit any other model they carry but still keep the original base.
Other choice?
Let us know what your thoughts are: Pros, Cons, ETC.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:21:25 AM EDT
[#1]
K-Holster.

Does everything the Crossbreed does for much less cash.
No horsehide option though....

Been wearing mine daily for a few years and it's holding up great.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:23:12 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're looking to carry that full size M&P every day buy yourself a horsehide super tuck.

I've been carrying an M&P . 40 in one for the last three years and it is by far the best IWB holster for carrying a large frame pistol I've come across in over 40 years of carrying.

I had a m tac as well and it was also a good holster but the super tuck is orders of magnitude more comfortable and will carry an M&P compact should you buy one for occasional carry.

On the other hand, I've found the comp tac  1 1/2 inch kydex reinforced contour belt to be superior to the crossbreed belt.

You will be able carry that full size M&P all day long in comfort and honestly, I really do forget that I'm carrying in that rig.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:24:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the Comp-Tac Infidel. Love it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:51:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried the Occidental Leather Phoenix?   It's pretty sweet and more comfortable than the rest I have.

http://www.bestbelt.com/product/gunleather/1337.html
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#5]
well .. after getting the chance to try out a friend's Crossbreed .. I bought 1 for a 1911 off the EE and ordered 1 for my M&P9 from Midway .. both should get here today!  
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Full sized 40 here and I run a cross breed.  Very confortable.  Only suggestion I have is to get the combat cut as the full leather backer in horsehide was engaging my mag disco just enough to make is so when I drew out I ended up with a single shot and a full mag on the deck.

I cut away the leather to get clearance and found it acutally helped me get a much more aggressive and effective grip on the draw.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Cross Breed folks any reason for the slant towards the horse hide over the cow hide backings?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Horsehide works better in hot weather or if your a sweat hog.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cross Breed folks any reason for the slant towards the horse hide over the cow hide backings?

I liked the fact that it was more ridgid.  Took a little longer to break in but once it was there is fit like a glove
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liked the fact that it was more ridgid.  Took a little longer to break in but once it was there is fit like a glove

That; and the fact that being a denser leather,  it is much more impervious to sweat and moisture.

IMO; it is tougher and will wear better than cowhide and I believe it is thinner as well as more comfortable on the reverse side that faces up against your body.

Mine is usually worn under only a single tee shirt and I've never experienced any rash or even redness at all on my skin.

As was previously stated, being more rigid,  the horsehide will mold itself to your body for a better fit than the cowhide will.

The horsehide option is well worth the $15 cost; IMO, it is almost an entirely different holster than the cowhide version..
Top Top