Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:05:13 AM EDT
I just got back from the range and I made some corrections in my technique. Things are looking much better. The picture is a 4 inch circle at approx. 7 yards. The square target is 3" across at 7 yards. It can only get better from here. I still have some work to do on my trigger finger though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#1]
There ya go .
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
All it takes is time and practice.

Then there's my dad who hasn't shot a handgun since the 60's.. I give him my 1911 and he shoots a 3" grouping at 25 yards on his first magazine.  Now HE wants one :P
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Exxxxxxxxcelent! You have learned one of the best lessons you will ever find in the gun world. DON'T blame the gun until you have learned to use it. I'm glad you listened to some of the guys insted of sending it back right away to be "fixed". Your patterns, tho a bit big are centered and pretty consistant without "way off" flyers. I have not doubt that you will see them get smaller and smaller as you do more shooting. Congrats.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just got back from the range and I made some corrections in my technique. Things are looking much better. The picture is a 4 inch circle at approx. 7 yards. The square target is 3" across at 7 yards. It can only get better from here. I still have some work to do on my trigger finger though.
www.bigblock67chevelle.com/target.jpgwww.bigblock67chevelle.com/target1.jpg

I just could never get use to that bump on the mainhousing spring on 1911 A1s. But good for you man! Practice, practice, practice!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
If you don't already have it, get Brians book at www.brianenos.com and dry fire the heck out of the gun.  Read it .  Repeat.    good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top