Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:27:50 AM EDT
Is it worth it to have a trigger reduced to a 3lb on a custom tactical.....................If so how much should I expect to pay????????????????/
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you ever felt a true 3lb trigger?     Very light.

We can't even know how proficient you are with handguns so I say stick with the 4 lb and just have a gunsmith crisp it up for you.  

A crisp 4 lb trigger can fool most unexperienced folks to think it's lighter.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Sound advice.  Crisp is everything.  I'll take a crisp 6 lb. trigger over a sloppy 3 lb. one all day long.  My personal opinion is that a carry 1911 should be 4.5 lbs. at least, but that comes from the perspective of pointing a gun at people during an adrenaline dump.  3lbs. is just great for a fun gun though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys roger that.............it breaks right 4lb very tight..............if it isn't broke don't fix it.......
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
thanks guys roger that.............it breaks right 4lb very tight..............if it isn't broke don't fix it.......

Agreed....

A crisp 4.5-5 lbs break with a little take up and overtravel in my ,carry, 1911's trigger makes me really happy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Why? My TLEII came from the factory with a very nice trigger.  There was some creep and slight overtravel.  I ended up stoning the contact points (just a couple of passes)  and it has been fine ever since.  Kimbers have great triggers out of the box and most will become even better after break-in shooting.  If you really want a lighter trigger pull contact Kimber and see what they recommend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top