Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:27:50 AM EDT
Is it worth it to have a trigger reduced to a 3lb on a custom tactical.....................If so how much should I expect to pay????????????????/
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:55:12 PM EDT
Have you ever felt a true 3lb trigger? Very light.

We can't even know how proficient you are with handguns so I say stick with the 4 lb and just have a gunsmith crisp it up for you.

A crisp 4 lb trigger can fool most unexperienced folks to think it's lighter.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:49:21 PM EDT
Sound advice. Crisp is everything. I'll take a crisp 6 lb. trigger over a sloppy 3 lb. one all day long. My personal opinion is that a carry 1911 should be 4.5 lbs. at least, but that comes from the perspective of pointing a gun at people during an adrenaline dump. 3lbs. is just great for a fun gun though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:06:56 AM EDT
thanks guys roger that.............it breaks right 4lb very tight..............if it isn't broke don't fix it.......
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:46:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By postbans:
thanks guys roger that.............it breaks right 4lb very tight..............if it isn't broke don't fix it.......

Agreed....

A crisp 4.5-5 lbs break with a little take up and overtravel in my ,carry, 1911's trigger makes me really happy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:14:53 AM EDT
Why? My TLEII came from the factory with a very nice trigger. There was some creep and slight overtravel. I ended up stoning the contact points (just a couple of passes) and it has been fine ever since. Kimbers have great triggers out of the box and most will become even better after break-in shooting. If you really want a lighter trigger pull contact Kimber and see what they recommend.
Top Top