Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 6:47:13 PM EDT
I'm going to be putting in for a CCW where I live and I was wondering what most of you people do about carrying extra magazines? I have a Beretta Model 96 and a Ruger P94 9mm that I will carry either or when I am out in public concealed. Is there any special place that you carry your magazines in. My pockets are always stuffed so that kinda eliminates that. Any special concealment pouches or something? And if so could someone post some links because I have tons of military and law enforcement catalogs but can't seem to come across any that are made for concealment. Only ones I have found are mente to be warn in the open.hinking.gif

"If you can't treat this like a normal assignment 007... Then 008 will replace you." 008hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I always carry an extra mag. There are dozens of different mag pouches made for concealing a spare mag on your belt.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I always carry an extra mag. There are dozens of different mag pouches made for concealing a spare mag on your belt.

Or inside your waistband!  Oh and IBTSSSI(In Before The Statistics Spouters Start In)  Yes carry a spare, if for no other reason than to make me smile!lightningarms.com/ Go to the Milt Sparks section, they have IWB and in the pocket mag carriers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:45:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I decided I should get one since they passed it a year or so ago in Ohio. I live in Mahoning County which is where the infamous Youngstown is and the murder rate is sky high there for a small city. Even out in Boardman or Austintown which are townships of Youngstown a lot of those damn hoodshosehe

"If you can't handle this like a normal assignment 007...Then 008 will replace you." 008hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Any major holster maker will have a concealment line, and there are a lot of manufacturers out there that only do CCW work.  Don't get too wrapped up in it if you are already having trouble carrying stuff around, however.  Unless you are one of those IDMTBYWRALWM (I Develop My Tactics By Watching Rambo And Lethal Weapon Movies) guys it is pretty much a non-issue.  I had a Texas Ranger friend that always kept his spare 1911 mag in an eyeglass case.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 I had a Texas Ranger friend that always kept his spare 1911 mag in an eyeglass case.  

Was his name Walker?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I've ridden motorcycles for many years so I carry my wallet and badge case in my right front pocket.  I always wear jeans.  That way, I don't loose the wallet out of a rear pocket.  

I carry an extra Glock 17 round mag in the right front pocket next to my wallet and badge case.  No one has any idea I have an extra 17 rounds of 9mm ammo.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've ridden motorcycles for many years so I carry my wallet and badge case in my right front pocket.  I always wear jeans.  That way, I don't loose the wallet out of a rear pocket.  

I carry an extra Glock 17 round mag in the right front pocket next to my wallet and badge case.  No one has any idea I have an extra 17 rounds of 9mm ammo.  

We do now....

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif  

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Please tell me you're an LEO and don't actually carry one of those ridiclous CCW badges.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please tell me you're an LEO and don't actually carry one of those ridiclous CCW badges.

He's a coppa.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Was his name Walker?

No.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:  

We do now....

Oh noooooooooooooo.  Now I’m gonna have to come up to Pa and kill ya.  Sorry, in advance.    

Quoted:

I like my CCW badge.    

Yes, I’m a cop.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Hide it in plain sight!  Knife holder on the belt for single stacks.  Leather with a flying bird on it works great (don't tell anyone).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top