Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now if we could just get a DPP plate!
View Quote

Quoted:
It'll be ready very soon
View Quote

Ok I got a MOS 19 on the way. I’m trying to decide between the DPP and the RMR and @duffy plate for the RMR is one of the things pushing me towards it.

I like the DPP bigger window and side loading battery. Who can give me reasons for one or the other?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:28:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope to see the new DPP version soon, supposed to be tougher and improved
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ok I got a MOS 19 on the way. I’m trying to decide between the DPP and the RMR and @duffy plate for the RMR is one of the things pushing me towards it.

I like the DPP bigger window and side loading battery. Who can give me reasons for one or the other?
View Quote

RMR is heads and shoulders more robust than any competition in a "Go To War" application.

See Sage Dynamics YouTube videos (take note of all of his drop test videos). Holosun is most likely in the #2 spot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
If it weren't for the newer version of DPP, we might not even bother to make a plate for it.  DPPs haven't done well as RMRs, but some units are issued with it so we wanted to make something better for these guys.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hope to see the new DPP version soon, supposed to be tougher and improved
View Quote

Any rumors as to what has been changed on the DeltaPoint Pro?  Is it supposed to be a 2021 Shot Show release?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I was on the phone with Leupold when we bought DPP screws (we supply OPF-G, DPP with extra DPP mounting screws), they didn't spill the beans of course, but I have heard of it from multiple sources in both LE and industry circles.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If it weren't for the newer version of DPP, we might not even bother to make a plate for it.  DPPs haven't done well as RMRs, but some units are issued with it so we wanted to make something better for these guys.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_5860_jpg-1696433.JPG
View Quote

So the DPP will co-witness with.... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#10]
DPP can be ordered with or without the rear sight, the rear sight can also be ordered and installed separately.  There is also a third party rear sight insert.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
DPP can be ordered with or without the rear sight, the rear sight can also be ordered and installed separately.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/Capture_JPG-1698065.JPG
View Quote

That is actually a neat idea. Thanks for sharing Duffy!
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#12]
With the new G22 Gen 5 MOS' slide being wider, have you had a chance to look at one for a plate to see if any adjustments need to be made? I'm waiting for your plate before I even think about ordering one... I won't use a Glock plate, not even an option.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#13]
G22 and G17 slide width is both 1.26.  OPF-G, RMR supports the full width of the RMR, thus there is a slight overhang on both sides of the slide.

This overhang, incidentally, is about perfect for G40 (10mm) which has a wider slide and requires Glock Set 02 plates.  We had changed the product description of OPF-G, RMR long ago, as it is compatible with G40 as well, whereas Glock's own Set 01 plates are not, being of the same width as the 1.26" G17/19 etc. slide, but narrower than the G40 slide.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Made by Gallow Precision, too bad they didn't use steel or aluminum but carbon fiber reinforced nylon.

Attachment Attached File

I went with the Leupold version.

Dawson makes very tall sights for the DPP as well, they're super tall.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
G22 and G17 slide width is both 1.26.  OPF-G, RMR supports the full width of the RMR, thus there is a slight overhang on both sides of the slide.  This overhang, incidentally, is about perfect for G40 (10mm) which has a wider slide and requires Glock Set 02 plates.  We had changed the product description of OPF-G, RMR long ago, as it is compatible with G40 as well, whereas Glock's own Set 01 plates are not, being of the same width as the 1.26" G17/19 etc. slide, but narrower than the G40 slide.
View Quote

The Gen 5 .40S&W models are wider than the previous .40S&W and 9mm slides.  The Gen 5 22/23 MOS come with the Set 02 MOS plates to match the wider slide.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#17]
OPF-G, RMR's width works with slides that require Set 02 plates, the overhang present on a G19 or G17 slide simply disappears when OPF-G, RMR is sitting on the wider slide.

Photo courtesy of #sunnybean

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The Gen 5 .40S&W models are wider than the previous .40S&W and 9mm slides.  The Gen 5 22/23 MOS come with the Set 02 MOS plates to match the wider slide.
View Quote

Quoted:
OPF-G, RMR's width works with slides that require Set 02 plates, the overhang present on a G19 or G17 slide simply disappears when OPF-G, RMR is sitting on the wider slide.

Photo courtesy of #sunnybean

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/01F17F8A-AFC6-4EBD-BE29-0C363B50C4E0_jpe-1698462.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/90BD92A2-6641-4407-8B13-D953BF6EB092_jpe-1698463.JPG
View Quote

Came here to ask about the G22 Gen 5. Looks like I know what my next Glock will be.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but @Duffy, am I understanding correctly that while your OPF-G, RMR plate doesn’t officially support Holosun optics, if I were to use it with one I would need to file down the mounting screws for proper fit (if the optic fits at all due to your excellent tolerances)?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#20]
You'd need to use the short set of the 4 screws that came with your sight, the sight to plate screws we provide are for RMR/SRO
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

RMR is heads and shoulders more robust than any competition in a "Go To War" application.

See Sage Dynamics YouTube videos (take note of all of his drop test videos). Holosun is most likely in the #2 spot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually  started watching His stuff this week. I was already a subscriber and went back and looked. I am for sure going RMR

For those wanting to order a OPF-G...I ordered today and before I could finish reading the order confirmation email the shipping notice hit.

Awesome service. @duffy
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I think you guys will like the RMRcc, I really like it on our test G19
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but @Duffy, am I understanding correctly that while your OPF-G, RMR plate doesn’t officially support Holosun optics, if I were to use it with one I would need to file down the mounting screws for proper fit (if the optic fits at all due to your excellent tolerances)?
View Quote

When I installed my 507c I filed down the long screws to a little less than 5/16.
I wanted more thread engagement than the short set of screws would give me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 12:29:59 AM EDT
[#24]
As long as the tip of the sight to plate screws protrude from under the plate.  If they do, and the user continues to torque the screw, it'll bow out and bend the plate.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I just got what I thought was the "new" gen DPP. It's night vision capable. Is there something coming that's even better?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:48:44 AM EDT
[#26]
FYI, in case you're still on the fence about an adapter plate:

1. came to this thread and read every word;
2. Learned of FCD's design and that it's only $68.00;
3. Learned FCD plates are in stock AND 15% off this weekend;
4. Ordered two yesterday;
5. Excellent communication;
6. Both have already left on the truck, same day shipping on Black Friday.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Got about 1500 rounds through the OPF-G mounted RMR and it has worked great. Thanks Duffy!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you guys

The new batch of OPF-G, RMR and a small run of OPF-G, RMRcc went to black nitride before Thanksgiving, we will most likely have these shipped to our new TX location (we're finally escaping CA, goodbye beaches and communists).

OPF-G, DPP will be ready around the same time as well.

The only other change we're considering is whether to continue to include the Torx key.  We state unequivocally that a proper torque wrench must be used.  Not by feel, the user needs to know the torque value being applied to the screws.  By including a Torx key, I think it might send the wrong message that it can be used for installation.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thank you guys

The new batch of OPF-G, RMR and a small run of OPF-G, RMRcc went to black nitride before Thanksgiving, we will most likely have these shipped to our new TX location (we're finally escaping CA, goodbye beaches and communists).

The only other change we're considering is whether to continue to include the Torx key.  We state unequivocally that a proper torque wrench must be used.  Not by feel, the user needs to know the torque value being applied to the screws.  By including a Torx key, I think it might send the wrong message that it can be used for installation.
View Quote
I only used the key to hold the screws to apply Loctite and get them started. Once they were screwed in, I used the torque screwdriver. I don't think that not including the key would create any issues.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thank you guys

View Quote

Thanks for the heads up!  Texas, land of silencers, machine guns, heck all things NFA!  
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
These are the new production units that should work with 507C, but bear in mind they're not designed for any H sights, we never meant for them to work with H sights, only RMR and SRO.
View Quote

@Duffy

I was really looking forward to you making 508 plates while reading a few pages earlier in the thread. I do hope you reconsider. I think people are buying Holosuns based on price and durability and it would be nice to have your products for them.

Do the short screws supplied by Holosun provide enough threads to run your plate with a 507/508?  Or will there be longevity/durability issues? Do you know the correct sizes screws to use an H with your RMR plate? Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:30:04 AM EDT
[#32]
508T is loose on ours, not sure on other 508T versions.  The short screws that come with H sights are fine

The difficulties with the H sights are related to the OPF-G design that tightly holds the sight on the plate by way of the lugs and front fence.  When the dimension from the center of the lugs to the front edge differs from sight to sight, it means we'd have to have as many plate variations as there are sight variations, that's a non-starter.

Then there is our priority to develop OPF for Trijicon, Leupold and Aiimpoint optics, plates for H sights were first considered, then abandoned outright for the logistics hurdles we'd have to jump through.  I know some agencies do approve H sights for duty use (LASD, for instance), we'd be supporting these agencies if we did develop H plates, but I prefer to support these three companies mentioned above, and do what we can to steer our customers in that direction.

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#33]
@Duffy

Thanks, I appreciate the in-depth response. I do like the RMR given its history and reliability and I may get one in the future if they change a few things.

I didn't know the H have different dimensions for each 508
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Folks are fond of saying they have the same footprint as the RMR, it's true to a degree, and certainly for rifle/shotgun or backup sight mounts that simply need to align the two lugs and two screw holes.

What works on rifles and shotguns does poorly on a pistol slide, the same solution doesn't work for all applications.  The minor dimensional difference between the lugs to the front radius of the sight are irrelevant to shotgun and rifle mounts as they don't attempt to, nor do they need to hold the sight tight on the mount, the recoil impulses are not the same as what the sight will face on a pistol slide.

OPF-G uses the front fence and the lugs to hold the sight immobile on the plate.  Trijicon's +/- 0.005 tolerance means some sights will be tighter, some might be slightly looser, we've done a good job that most of them are snug on our plate.  

There's also the slide's MOS cut tolerances.  The same plate that passes multiple tests on several slides will be too tight on some and require fitting, but this is rare as well.

Our product is sandwiched between the sight and slide, both having their own tolerances.  As a rule, for this application we prefer tighter than looser, which risks the irk of some users whose sights or plates are too tight.  As I explain it, the lazy way is to make everything loose enough because then everything fits, but this doesn't serve the users.  So we rather receive calls and emails about plates that are too tight, instead of having the screws loosen or sheer, or sight fly off and hit the user in the face.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just got this yesterday.  the instructions have 13.3 in pounds.  what tool is everyone using to get that close?
View Quote

I used a Wheeler digital torque driver. You can set it as low as 15 in/lbs.  If you use it in “live” mode it starts reading at 10 in/lbs and you can work up until you hit 13.3.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I just got this yesterday.  the instructions have 13.3 in pounds.  what tool is everyone using to get that close?
View Quote
I just use the Wheeler Fat Wrench and set it between the 10 and 15 lines.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#38]
We've changed the torque value to 13in lbs, 13.3 is too granular.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My agency starts testing red dots next week. Hopefully they'll get approved.
View Quote

@Lancelot
Which ones are on your short list?  
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Any news on a plate for a RMR cc on a G48 MOS?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#43]
@smarcus
Quoted:
Any news on a plate for a RMR cc on a G48 MOS?
View Quote

CHPWS has one out but the pocket is too small for a RMRcc So it's raised up and sits flush on the top of the slide.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#44]
RMRcc is longer than the cut, it'll rise above and overhang the cut a bit.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My agency starts testing red dots next week. Hopefully they'll get approved.
View Quote

Do they have the Sage Dynamics White Paper?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's dissapointing. I had every intention of buying a 48 MOS and RMRcc
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Does anyone know if it is possible to mill the existing 48 MOS pocket to get a rmr cc to fit direct?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Are you using the correct screws, OP? Trijicon sells a kit for mounting the Rmr to the MOS pistols. Trijicon part number AC32064

I have over 2000 rounds through the G19 pictured and over 10,000 rounds through another with zero issues.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/312349/7CB3A34D-1535-4872-8ED9-E2D6B108533B_jpeg-903523.JPG
View Quote

@Dana1972

The backup night sights on those Glocks: are they "Glock High" or "Suppressor Height" sights? Are the sights on the larger Glock (17?) even usable? Looks like the RMR blocks them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

@Dana1972

The backup night sights on those Glocks: are they "Glock High" or "Suppressor Height" sights? Are the sights on the larger Glock (17?) even usable? Looks like the RMR blocks them.
View Quote

19 is Suppressor height and 34 now has suppressor height as well. Correct the ones in the picture on the 34 were not usable.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Guess RMRcc wasn't available at the time, and Shield was the only one they considered for direct mount.  OPF-G, RMRcc for G48 will adhere to our existing and proven design: single piece steel plate, front fence, and rear fence if there is room enough.  We don't rely on just the raised bosses of the plate to keep the sight immobile on the plate.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top