Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2010 10:36:23 AM EDT
I noticed that there are several similar threads going and I will read through them, but I was also hoping you guys could give me some information on this particular gun.  A friend of mine is thinking about purchasing it from a relative and asked me what I thought about it.  Since I know exactly nothing about Lugers, I thought I would post here to maybe get an idea about what it's worth as well as maybe learn a little something about Lugers.  

According to him, It is in good working order, but it does have some rust pitting.  I didn't take it apart, nor did I look down the barrel.  The magazine looks pretty good, so I'm not sure if it's an original or not.  I don't know really what else I can tell you about it.  The markings are documented in the pictures below.  Pretty sure I got all of the markings.  

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated

Gun

Top View

Top View Detail

Bottom View

Left Side View

Right Side View
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok a short rundown on this gun. First off it is a mis matched gun with some DWM parts and some Erfurt (side plate and locking lever). So it is valued for shooter or parts only. Finish is original which helps if it were to be parted out. The magazine is a reproduction Mec Gar which while good quality are in the $20-30 range. All said I would think it would bring about $8-900 as a shooter and only because it could be parted out for about that much. if it were me I'd try to get into it for $5-600.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ok a short rundown on this gun. First off it is a mis matched gun with some DWM parts and some Erfurt (side plate and locking lever). So it is valued for shooter or parts only. Finish is original which helps if it were to be parted out. The magazine is a reproduction Mec Gar which while good quality are in the $20-30 range. All said I would think it would bring about $8-900 as a shooter and only because it could be parted out for about that much. if it were me I'd try to get into it for $5-600.

Thanks, good info.   Reading some other threads, It seems like the shooters range between $600-$800. I had no idea these guns brought that kind of money.  Sooner or later,  I would like to add a luger to my collection.   Other than finish & overall condition, what makes some models more collectable than others?    

ETA..... I crack up everytime I see your avatar.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
What many do not realize is that parts (shooter) lugers are basically valued as the sum of their parts.

Upper cannon- $150-200

Grips––––––––––-$100-150

Frame stripped $150

Toggle train––––$150-200

Misc small parts$200

Mag original––––$75-300

So we come to $825 low side and $1200 if all is near perfect, just not matching.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top