Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2010 4:53:07 PM EDT
My buddy just turned 21 and bought himself a kimber raptor II with night sights.
We have been going to the grasslands a couple times a week to shoot and have put close to 2500 rnds through it to date.
I need a low end kydex OWB holster that I can wear while we're out there. I have encountered numerous occassions where I just need somewhere to put the gun for a moment. a table doesnt really fit in the back of a Honda Accord either. I couldnt bring myself to shove a $1300 gun in my belt.
He ordered himself a Milt Sparks leather IWB for CCW but he was also looking for a basic OWB holster for the range as well.
I was thinking a Blackhawk CQC Standard. My only concern is if it will be ok since the gun has slightly larger night sights.
any other suggestions would be great. I'll also most likely use it on the Springfield 1911 i'm going to buy when i turn 21 in january but if it wont work on the springfield then that's ok, I could just give it to him.
If the blackhawk will suit me, is there a cheaper place to buy from?
Lastly, where can I get CHEAP kydex double mag holders for 8rnd wilson combat 1911 mags since I hate shoving mags in my back pockets.
thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I Tac

Better made than a fobus, about $5 bucks more.
They have both items you want.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not ask someone on the EE if they want to sell their free gear that they got with a Springfield Armory 1911? They come with a Kydex paddle holster and double mag pouch, exactly what you need and since most people never use them I'm sure they would sell it cheap.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
ask someone on the EE if they want to sell their free gear that they got with a Springfield Armory 1911.

Sounds like a pretty good idea actually.
thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top