Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 10:48:30 AM EDT
I have a Ruger Single Six .22lr/ .22mag.

I had the .22lr cylinder stolen several years ago.

Can I just buy a replacement cylinder?
Does it have to be "timed"?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think that it has to be fitted to your particular gun - check with Ruger for a definitive answer.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
i don't know about prices for the single six but for a blackhawk it will cost around $120 to have a conversion cylinder timed for your revolver.  and you will have to send your revolver to them to have it timed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Cylinders MUST be fitted.  
Since the cylinder length establishes head space, barrel/cylinder gap, and end shake, and the cylinder also has to be adjusted for proper chamber alignment with the barrel, fitting is necessary.

Ruger will do it as cheap as anyone, they have the right parts, and will do it RIGHT.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:05:31 AM EDT
[#5]
if yours is an old model however they will automatically make the safety conversion.  that would be a significant downer.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Cylinders MUST be fitted.  
Since the cylinder length establishes head space, barrel/cylinder gap, and end shake, and the cylinder also has to be adjusted for proper chamber alignment with the barrel, fitting is necessary.

Ruger will do it as cheap as anyone, they have the right parts, and will do it RIGHT.

+1

Ruger quoted me $60 about ten years ago.  Price has probably changed since then, but at the time I thought it was reasonable.

I ended up trading the gun instead.  It's the only gun trade I regret.

Kent
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:40:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got off the phone with Ruger.

The price is

$42 for the cylinder
$20 Labor
$30 shipping
$92 total

Plus the cost of Next day shipping to them.

I guess I'm sending the pistol to them.

Thanks for y'alls help guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top