Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 6:01:49 AM EDT
I'm heading to a gunshow next weekend and am thinking of buying a CZ 52 if any are available for a good price.  The problem is I don't know what a good price is.  I also wonder if any of you guys have an idea of things to check when looking over a CZ.  
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#1]
The ones I have seen run form $125-150
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Try Black Bear Arms,  they still have some unissued for I believe $180 and some other grades.  Check out their site.  They have a good reputation according to Club CZ52 board I was reading.

Fun gun.  Lots of muzzle blast and the brass gets flung a loooooong way!  Check your magazine floor plates to make sure they fit well and snug.  I had one that was slightly crushed and the plate flew off and out into the indoor range I was at.  Needless to say I ordered another one from Makarov.com.  

Check out Makarov.com,  CZ52 section for firing pin upgrades to reduce trigger pull and other stuff.
Be sure to read the decocker warning for these pistols!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
150.00 should get a good used one, but beware of cheep prices. look at the bore as some of the surplus ammo is corossive.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I got mine for a hundred bucks at the Indy 1500 about ten years or so ago. The pistols have punch marks on the slides along the top. My friend who has three CZ 52's told me that a one punch is most accurate a two punch less so and a three punch the worst. I later found out through some research that this is not so. They are some kind of armory marks or such as some guns have more than three and others have one in some places and more in others. The reason that I mention this is some dealers may try to charge more for a 1 punch or something. Looking at the bore is an excellent idea. Good hollow points are also available now so that's nice from a CCW point. They aren't usually much to look at but my friend nicely blued one of his and put wood grips on it. It looks nice now! I will say it's by far the most reliable auto I own. It simply never jams. I've shot mine more than any other pistol because tha ammo is dirt cheap and the only time it has ever jammed is when I loaded to many in the magazine. the 7.62x25 is definetly a fast moverAlso it is advised to not dry fire the cz52 as the firing pins are pretty weak and will break. I have broken one but I have probably 5 or 6,000 round through it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The ranges I've seen is from 100-180.  Usually the 150+ area comes w/ 2 mags, holster, etc.  I paid 170 for mine local, but it was already here- tried to get lower price since the firing pin was broken.  To buy one online, to ship and the transfer fee, would have been the came cost.  

Some links if you do get one:

.22 Reed Express

FAT replacment firing pin
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#6]
i scored one from my dealer, 2 years ago - i found it in SGN for $99 , he order it- i paid him $25, it came with a holster, magazine and thats it, it had a neat parkarized finish, dated 1953, i NEVER replaced the pin, and i have dry fired it a few times by mistake, they say everywhere that the "decock" feature is very dangerous on these guns, but mine is fine, it never seems to lock back though, i filed a few things and it will work for a week or 2 then just wont lock...i brought the slide to my work and nickle plated it  for free, i got 3 sets of original grips and a nice set of wood ones also,  with original grips i find it best to use a grip sleeve for a "fatter" feeling in the hand,  the gun kicks ass, its super powerful, i find that the S n B ammo works great, i had a 100 rds of mil surplus that worked great but i also had about 500 rds of another mil surplus that sucked ass and never fired!  its great fun though, a hot little round, they usually sell for around $100-150, but at shows i see em for around $180, sometimes very high-$260 + for some reason whenever i see em at local shops they have been been blued about 200 times and they try to sell em for anywhere from $200-300 for some reason, just look in shot gun news and have a local dealer order it for you, it will cost about $25 to transfer and maybe $25 for shipping but you will see them for about $89-99
enjoy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top