Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:20:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 5:24:46 AM EDT by triburst1]
95% of the time I carry a GLOCK 19 IWB and use a Wilderness belt. The Wilderness is ugly, but with IWB, you can't see it anyway.

I just purchased a Kahr PM9 which I will carry as a back up gun and as a primary weapon for more formal occasions. I will be carrying the Kahr in a black leather belt slide when I dres up more and I want to get a gun belt that will look decent with a suit. Most of the dress gun belts I've seen look like gun belts. I want something sturdy enough to hold the gun and a spare mag, but I don't want it to look like a tool belt. Nothing like a rodeo belt to go with your Hugo Boss suit.

Black, 1 1/2" wide, with nickle or chrome hardware.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:27:56 AM EDT
Milt Sparks
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:33:20 AM EDT
Gunner's Alley

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:40:44 AM EDT
+1 on Milt Sparks.
Excellent belt and looks good too..
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:05:06 PM EDT
Check out Liger products.

LINKY

Good looking and durable. I LOVE mine.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:41:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Check out Liger products.

LINKY

Good looking and durable. I LOVE mine.

Disconnector

Those look like good belts but I don't think they would look quite right with a suit.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:25:21 PM EDT
Try Kramer yet? Or peruse American Handgunner for leather ads, hit their web sites?

Good luck!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:48:38 PM EDT
tagged.

ok no jokes about me living in NY. no CCW but am looking for a nice sturdy belt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:50:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sterling18:
tagged.

ok no jokes about me living in NY. no CCW but am looking for a nice sturdy belt.

No jokes, damn
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:29:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 9:30:09 PM EDT by JasonBurton]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:01:16 AM EDT
I would check the belt loop size of your suite before you got a belt unless you are going to buy the belt and then go into Mr Mac with the belt then get the suite. I wear a suite all the time and carry a Glock 19 in a Bianchie Profesional with the dreaded clip and it works good for me. I buy a new belt from the dept store about every 3months just like I did before I carried. Please post what you get because I am very interested as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:07:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GenghisKhan:
I would check the belt loop size of your suite before you got a belt unless you are going to buy the belt and then go into Mr Mac with the belt then get the suite. I wear a suite all the time and carry a Glock 19 in a Bianchie Profesional with the dreaded clip and it works good for me. I buy a new belt from the dept store about every 3months just like I did before I carried. Please post what you get because I am very interested as well.

The regular dress belt I wear now is a 1.5" Nautica so I know the size will work.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:42:59 PM EDT
I have looked at some dress gun belts the past couple days and didn'tlike any of them. They are too thick to look right with a suit and are extremely stiff. Is it necessary for the belt to be made of two thicknesses of 8oz leather to be sturdy enough to hold a pistol. My Wilderness belts are no where near as thick or stiff as the leather belts I've looked at and they work very well.

I seem to recall seeing a single thickness dress belt with a polymer insert so the belt was sturdy, yet still reasonably thin.

Anyone have any info on such a belt?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:41:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 5:43:54 PM EDT by OODA_Loop]
www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=34&categoryID=2

www.c-rusty.com/pages/other%20prod/Belts.html

Horsehide or shark!

Rusty makes the polymer insert you're thinking of, I think, both vendors will sell you a nickel or other silver-toned buckle (also my preference) and you can get shell cordovan from Kramer.

www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=63&categoryID=2

Top notch gear.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:31:35 PM EDT
Lou Alessi.

Everything else pales in comparison. In fact, I have another belt on order with him. You'll have to wait while he gets done with his military orders and it'll be a while, but it'll be worth it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:35:23 AM EDT
Galco. They have a belt for every use and are made to support a weapon. I have 4 of them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:39:04 AM EDT
+1 on the Galco belts, they have a 1 1/4" dress belt with chrome or brass buckle that looks very professional with a suit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:43:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By triburst1:
I seem to recall seeing a single thickness dress belt with a polymer insert so the belt was sturdy, yet still reasonably thin.

Anyone have any info on such a belt?

www.concealco.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ACL&Product_Code=BELT&Category_Code=054BELT
Top Top