Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:20:03 AM EDT
95% of the time I carry a GLOCK 19 IWB and use a Wilderness belt. The Wilderness is ugly, but with IWB, you can't see it anyway.

I just purchased a Kahr PM9 which I will carry as a back up gun and as a primary weapon for more formal occasions. I will be carrying the Kahr in a black leather belt slide when I dres up more and I want to get a gun belt that will look decent with a suit. Most of the dress gun belts I've seen look like gun belts. I want something sturdy enough to hold the gun and a spare mag, but I don't want it to look like a tool belt. Nothing like a rodeo belt to go with your Hugo Boss suit.

Black, 1 1/2" wide, with nickle or chrome hardware.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:27:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Milt Sparks
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Gunner's Alley

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on Milt Sparks.
Excellent belt and looks good too..
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out Liger products.

LINKY

Good looking and durable.  I LOVE mine.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Check out Liger products.

LINKY

Good looking and durable.  I LOVE mine.

Disconnector

Those look like good belts but I don't think they would look quite right with a suit.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Try Kramer yet? Or peruse American Handgunner for leather ads, hit their web sites?

Good luck!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#7]
tagged.

ok no jokes about me living in NY.  no CCW but am looking for a nice sturdy belt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
tagged.

ok no jokes about me living in NY.  no CCW but am looking for a nice sturdy belt.

No jokes, damn
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I would check the belt loop size of your suite before you got a belt unless you are going to buy the  belt and then go into Mr Mac with the belt then get the suite. I wear a suite all the time and carry a Glock 19 in a Bianchie Profesional with the dreaded clip and it works good for me. I buy a new belt from the dept store about every 3months just like I did before I carried. Please post what you get because I am very interested as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I would check the belt loop size of your suite before you got a belt unless you are going to buy the  belt and then go into Mr Mac with the belt then get the suite. I wear a suite all the time and carry a Glock 19 in a Bianchie Profesional with the dreaded clip and it works good for me. I buy a new belt from the dept store about every 3months just like I did before I carried. Please post what you get because I am very interested as well.

The regular dress belt I wear now is a 1.5" Nautica so I know the size will work.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I have looked at some dress gun belts the past couple days and didn'tlike any of them. They are too thick to look right with a suit and are extremely stiff. Is it necessary for the belt to be made of two thicknesses of 8oz leather to be sturdy enough to hold a pistol. My Wilderness belts are no where near as thick or stiff as the leather belts I've looked at and they work very well.

I seem to recall seeing a single thickness dress belt with a polymer insert so the belt was sturdy, yet still reasonably thin.

Anyone have any info on such a belt?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#13]
www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=34&categoryID=2

www.c-rusty.com/pages/other%20prod/Belts.html

Horsehide or shark!

Rusty makes the polymer insert you're thinking of, I think, both vendors will sell you a nickel or other silver-toned buckle (also my preference) and you can get shell cordovan from Kramer.

www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=63&categoryID=2

Top notch gear.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Lou Alessi.

Everything else pales in comparison.  In fact, I have another belt on order with him.  You'll have to wait while he gets done with his military orders and it'll be a while, but it'll be worth it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Galco.  They have a belt for every use and are made to support a weapon.  I have 4 of them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#16]
+1 on the Galco belts, they have a 1 1/4" dress belt with chrome or brass buckle that looks very professional with a suit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I seem to recall seeing a single thickness dress belt with a polymer insert so the belt was sturdy, yet still reasonably thin.

Anyone have any info on such a belt?

www.concealco.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ACL&Product_Code=BELT&Category_Code=054BELT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top