Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2017 11:22:34 PM EDT
Our "leather" anniversary is coming up. Being the romantic I am, I wanted to purchase dear hubby a leather holster for one of his hand guns.

Are there any tried & true brands / styles out there? He has quite a few pistols to choose from to holster: 1911, glock, something else that's shiny. Obviously, you're working with a newb. Please take pity.

I'm just wondering where should I start & what will something like this run me?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a big fan of Sam Andrews, Andrews leather.   You are a keeper for sure.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of Sam Andrews, Andrews leather.   You are a keeper for sure.  Good luck.
View Quote
Thanks! I kind of bombed it at Christmas with a well-intended not quite thought out logistically gift. Anniversary I'm determined to crush it & redeem myself!

From the looks of it Andrews Leather has quite a variety of options, definitely will give them a call.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:38:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi and welcome!

What kind of holster would he wear? Outside the waistband? Concealment? Cowboy?

Do tell about your well-intentioned Christmas gift.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like my rig from Tucker Gun Leather

And while I don't any leather from them yet (have a holster on order) I've always liked the looks of El Paso Saddlery.

Also, get his opinion on it. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pretty damn picky about my holster, belts, ect.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hi and welcome!

What kind of holster would he wear? Outside the waistband? Concealment? Cowboy?

Do tell about your well-intentioned Christmas gift.
View Quote
He currently owns an outside the waistband & a concealed.

He always comments on the James Bond over the shoulder kind of. I don't know what those are called, but I'm sure there's a name!

I bought him tickets to a concert at Red Rocks. He was so shocked on Christmas morning his face was priceless. Problem is Colorado is a few states over from us (10+ hr drive each way), during a busy time at work for him, and we have a toddler. Logistically we couldn't make it work. I ended up just selling the tickets to make our money back, but it left him gift-less. I've used the money to buy him some things throughout the year he's wanted / needed, but it's just not the same was having a "gift".
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really like my rig from Tucker Gun Leather

http://i.imgur.com/fxNdVzK.jpg

And while I don't any leather from them yet (have a holster on order) I've always liked the looks of El Paso Saddlery.

Also, get his opinion on it. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pretty damn picky about my holster, belts, ect.
View Quote
That is quite an attractive looking holster. He's not too picky.

I think I'm looking for the kind that go over the shoulder like James Bond. I know he doesn't own one of those, but always comments on it when we watch the older movies.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That is quite an attractive looking holster. He's not too picky.

I think I'm looking for the kind that go over the shoulder like James Bond. I know he doesn't own one of those, but always comments on it when we watch the older movies.
View Quote
I know I've always heard that the Galco Miami Classic is one of the most comfortable shoulder holsters you can get, but I've never had one. It's what Sonny Crockett had in Miami Vice.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I know I've always heard that the Galco Miami Classic is one of the most comfortable shoulder holsters you can get, but I've never had one. It's what Sonny Crockett had in Miami Vice.
View Quote
Thanks for that! And right in a price range I'm comfortable with. I'll have to call them tomorrow & see if they make the shoulder holster for lefty's as online they only give me the option of right-handed.

He is right-handed, but he shoots left.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#9]
El Paso Saddlery had been in business for over 100 years.  Be sure to check them out.  I especially like their lined holsters.  The Tom Threepersons line is a very good open carry,  field holster.

They do have concealed carry holster options too.

http://epsaddlery.com
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
El Paso Saddlery had been in business for over 100 years.  Be sure to check them out.  I especially like their lined holsters.  The Tom Threepersons line is a very good open carry,  field holster.

They do have concealed carry holster options too.

http://epsaddlery.com
View Quote
plus 10... El Paso can make what ever you want off their base models
I have used an EP Holster for my colt commander for over 30 years and it's as solid today as when new..bi-annual clean up and annual shoe polish pretty much is all the care it's been given..and it's been worn near daily  el paso street combat

I also highly recommend a Texas maker who does some GREAT WORK I have a couple of mag holders of his Bullard Leather...  ..
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#11]
For concealed i would look at the Vrossbreed Suoertuck Delux in horseleather. It conceals a full size handgun easily
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For concealed i would look at the Vrossbreed Suoertuck Delux in horseleather. It conceals a full size handgun easily
View Quote
crossbreed supertuck deluxe? 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks for that! And right in a price range I'm comfortable with. I'll have to call them tomorrow & see if they make the shoulder holster for lefty's as online they only give me the option of right-handed.

He is right-handed, but he shoots left.
View Quote
drill down for model and hand

I am on my 5th holster, wore 2 out 2 others fell victim to a golden retriever that chewed things when he got frightened by thunder. good holster with no complaints. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He currently owns an outside the waistband & a concealed.

He always comments on the James Bond over the shoulder kind of. I don't know what those are called, but I'm sure there's a name!

I bought him tickets to a concert at Red Rocks. He was so shocked on Christmas morning his face was priceless. Problem is Colorado is a few states over from us (10+ hr drive each way), during a busy time at work for him, and we have a toddler. Logistically we couldn't make it work. I ended up just selling the tickets to make our money back, but it left him gift-less. I've used the money to buy him some things throughout the year he's wanted / needed, but it's just not the same was having a "gift".
View Quote
Ah, sucks! I know Red Rocks well, my police academy instructors used to make us run up and down the bleachers.

Unfortunately I'm not too in the know re: shoulder holsters, but maybe someone here can offer more advice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#15]
For our "leather" anniversary, my wife got me this combo from Mean Gene Leather. It is a belt and 2 mag pouches that work with a bunch of different mags or flashlights/multitools, etc. If he has a couple different pistols, a nice belt would serve him better than one specific holster maybe? He did just come out with a line of holsters too. He's a great company/guy to do business with.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top