Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/24/2004 4:13:26 PM EST
Found what I think might be a good deal today--an FEG 9mm for $200, new w/one mag. Looks to be a double-action copy of the Browning Hipower, slide-mounted safety that acts as a decocker. I think it's a P9R (the guy behind the counter only knew it was an FEG, and 9mm....lots of help!) but don't know for sure.

My question--anybody know if they are any good, if it will accept Hi-Power mags, and if that's a good price?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:16:34 PM EST
Yes to all three.

rk
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:18:32 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:50:02 AM EST
I didn't know they were still making those FEG's. I got some of them just after the Hi-cap magazine ban to give my sons for Christmas. They came in 9mm and .45acp and each son wanted a different caliber. I got a couple to stick in the safe too. I never heard the boys say anything bad about them except that they needed more ammo. anothergene is right about the "magazine robbers." I got the guns from one of the larger distributors
(CDNN or S.O.G.?) and some came with 1 mag and others had 2 mags.
They are nice looking pistols and have a almost glassy blue/black finish.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:21:05 PM EST
Anyone else?

And does anyone know anything about holsters for the thing? During a Google search, one post said the P9R was a copy of the S&W 39.....anyone know if that's true?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:13:03 AM EST
I always thought it looks like a double action S&W frame with a Hi Power slide on top. I'm guessing a holster for a full size Smith would work.

In general, FEG is totally underrated in my book. They are built like bank vaults, I seriously doubt you need to worry about parts breakage. Not the most accurate pistols ever but they are utterly reliable.

I had an FEG PJP-9K or something like that, basically its a pure Hi-Power clone, and it looked good and ran great. Never had any problems with it, and I trusted my life to it as a car gun for some time. Just sold it so I can replace it with a .45 of some kind for more punch.
Top Top