Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/24/2004 5:26:21 PM EST
Just picked up my Taurus PT92 as my HiCap 9mm at the local crack house gun shop and saw a Kimber Tactical Custom II .45ACP that was crying, lonely, and just begging to go home with me. It was only $995.00.

Have been looking for a .45 auto to round out the collection, and would use it for CCW in the winter(TX) or IPSC/3gun type of games.

¿Has anyone had any experience with this model? Opinions on the price that is being offered? Had looked at a S&W1911, a S&W 457, and a Rock Island 1911a1; but figured by the time that any of the forementioned were upgraded, I'd be money ahead by starting out with the Kimber. Am I right?

¿Comments, suggestions, or recommendations?

Respectfully,

­wganz

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:14:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By wganz:
Just picked up my Taurus PT92 as my HiCap 9mm at the local crack house gun shop and saw a Kimber Tactical Custom II .45ACP that was crying, lonely, and just begging to go home with me. It was only $995.00.

www.kimberamerica.com/images/pistols/tacticalcustom_II.jpg

Have been looking for a .45 auto to round out the collection, and would use it for CCW in the winter(TX) or IPSC/3gun type of games.

¿Has anyone had any experience with this model? Opinions on the price that is being offered? Had looked at a S&W1911, a S&W 457, and a Rock Island 1911a1; but figured by the time that any of the forementioned were upgraded, I'd be money ahead by starting out with the Kimber. Am I right?

¿Comments, suggestions, or recommendations?

Respectfully,

­wganz

The price is high.....you should be able to get around 800.

I love mine......great shooter.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:45:50 AM EST
Beautiful Gun!! Has all the custom features you could possibly want.

I would love one to go with my other Kimber.

$995 is what they run in my area too. Maybe you could find some dealer with no shop and buy one for less.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:31:40 AM EST
The Kimber is a Goodie. Once you start carrying it concealed, you'll never change. I live in Florida and carry one in a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 IWB holster. Especially weraing shorts. Hardley notice it there.
The price is good, but if you want it, you should be able to find all you want for $900.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:23:16 PM EST
That price is good - not sure if the other guy was talking about the steel custom. I have the Tactical Custom, and love it. Its reliable, accurate, good trigger, lighter weight, and has all the stuff I wanted. I'd like to get a TLE RL to go with it, but I'm glad I got the Tactical Custom. Highly recommended.
Top Top