Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 6:26:21 PM EDT
Just picked up my Taurus PT92 as my HiCap 9mm at the local crack house gun shop and saw a Kimber Tactical Custom II .45ACP that was crying, lonely, and just begging to go home with me.   It was only $995.00.

Have been looking for a .45 auto to round out the collection, and would use it for CCW in the winter(TX) or IPSC/3gun type of games.

¿Has anyone had any experience with this model?  Opinions on the price that is being offered? Had looked at a S&W1911, a S&W 457, and a Rock Island 1911a1; but figured by the time that any of the forementioned were upgraded, I'd be money ahead by starting out with the Kimber. Am I right?

¿Comments, suggestions, or recommendations?

Respectfully,

wganz

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:14:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just picked up my Taurus PT92 as my HiCap 9mm at the local crack house gun shop and saw a Kimber Tactical Custom II .45ACP that was crying, lonely, and just begging to go home with me.   It was only $995.00.

www.kimberamerica.com/images/pistols/tacticalcustom_II.jpg

Have been looking for a .45 auto to round out the collection, and would use it for CCW in the winter(TX) or IPSC/3gun type of games.

¿Has anyone had any experience with this model?  Opinions on the price that is being offered? Had looked at a S&W1911, a S&W 457, and a Rock Island 1911a1; but figured by the time that any of the forementioned were upgraded, I'd be money ahead by starting out with the Kimber. Am I right?

¿Comments, suggestions, or recommendations?

Respectfully,

wganz

The price is high.....you should be able to get around 800.  

I love mine......great shooter.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:45:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful Gun!! Has all the custom features you could possibly want.

I would love one to go with my other Kimber.

$995 is what they run in my area too. Maybe you could find some dealer with no shop and buy one for less.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#3]
The Kimber is a Goodie. Once you start carrying it concealed, you'll never change. I live in Florida and carry one in a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 IWB holster. Especially weraing shorts. Hardley notice it there.
The price is good, but if you want it, you should be able to find all you want for $900.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#4]
That price is good - not sure if the other guy was talking about the steel custom.  I have the Tactical Custom, and love it.  Its reliable, accurate, good trigger, lighter weight, and has all the stuff I wanted.  I'd like to get a TLE RL to go with it, but I'm glad I got the Tactical Custom.  Highly recommended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top