Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:40:05 PM EDT
So I bought a used Pro Carry II it fires fine, it cycles fine, it even feeds all the rounds in the mag. The problem is it locks open a little too well. When I pull back on the slide to let it go forward after loading a full mag the slide does not push the slide stop down out of the way. If I pull it back a couple of times it seems to work the stop down and  go forward loading a round but that cant be right. If I press the slide stop down the slide comes into battery no problem with no unusual tension that I can detect. Any useful suggestions? What am I missing? I am using Wilson 8rnd mags and I followed the cleaning procedure in the manual.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Take it to a gunsmith, my bp ten II had a burr in the release. My guy just called kimber and they paid him for the ten minute fix. Kimber will warranty any work for their handguns a certified gunsmith/kimber dealer only. Or simply have the guy you bought it off of come out and shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#2]
See if it has a "shock buffer" on the guide rod.

Sometimes they won't let the slide come back far enough.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok problem solved! You guys rule, thank all of you!! First the problem was none of those things. But all of them caused me to examine what I was doing carefully and find the problem. Its simple and it was my fault. See when I first broke down the pistol I was very careful to lay it out in such a way that I could put everything back exactly as it was. Then I cleaned and lubed it per the manual and put it back how I got it. Including putting the recoil spring in with the closed end the wrong way around just like I received it! Doh! So when I was looking at the guide rod and recoil spring to determine if I had a Shock buffer, I remembered the Bright Red lettering saying how the spring was supposed to be oriented, I flipped it and bingo. Works great. New thing to check when trying to dig one of us noobs out, is the spring the right way round?……Dork.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again. Everyone feels stupid sometimes might as well mark it up to experience and at least learn from it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top