Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:40:05 PM EDT
So I bought a used Pro Carry II it fires fine, it cycles fine, it even feeds all the rounds in the mag. The problem is it locks open a little too well. When I pull back on the slide to let it go forward after loading a full mag the slide does not push the slide stop down out of the way. If I pull it back a couple of times it seems to work the stop down and go forward loading a round but that cant be right. If I press the slide stop down the slide comes into battery no problem with no unusual tension that I can detect. Any useful suggestions? What am I missing? I am using Wilson 8rnd mags and I followed the cleaning procedure in the manual.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:54:15 PM EDT
Take it to a gunsmith, my bp ten II had a burr in the release. My guy just called kimber and they paid him for the ten minute fix. Kimber will warranty any work for their handguns a certified gunsmith/kimber dealer only. Or simply have the guy you bought it off of come out and shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:22:24 PM EDT
See if it has a "shock buffer" on the guide rod.

Sometimes they won't let the slide come back far enough.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:55:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 6:56:28 AM EDT by SGB]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:43:04 PM EDT
Ok problem solved! You guys rule, thank all of you!! First the problem was none of those things. But all of them caused me to examine what I was doing carefully and find the problem. Its simple and it was my fault. See when I first broke down the pistol I was very careful to lay it out in such a way that I could put everything back exactly as it was. Then I cleaned and lubed it per the manual and put it back how I got it. Including putting the recoil spring in with the closed end the wrong way around just like I received it! Doh! So when I was looking at the guide rod and recoil spring to determine if I had a Shock buffer, I remembered the Bright Red lettering saying how the spring was supposed to be oriented, I flipped it and bingo. Works great. New thing to check when trying to dig one of us noobs out, is the spring the right way round?……Dork.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:51:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 1:51:32 PM EDT by SGB]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:43:13 PM EDT
Thanks again. Everyone feels stupid sometimes might as well mark it up to experience and at least learn from it.
Top Top