Posted: 3/12/2005 5:15:40 PM EST
Was at a local show today and found a Kimber Pro Carry in what appeared to be NIB (from what was stated). It appeared to be a Series 1. The finish was a dark blue / black and the trigger appeared to be some type of composite as well as the mainspring housing.
My questions are:
1) What would be the average price for one as described?
2) Is the Series 1 really more desirable than the Series 2 or is this all hype?
3) How durable is the finish? (wanted stainless but the dark finish kinda looked good too)
4) How well does the aluminum frame hold up?
5) There were 2 small tools (looked kinda like an allen wrench) in the box which the vendor said he thought was for disassembly as it has a bull barrel. How hard is the disassembly as he was not to sure and I have only had experience with a gov't model?
Any other comments are appreciated as I am kinda kicking myself for not getting it when I saw it, so I may go back tomorrow.
I have a Pro Carry II with alloy frame. Definately use plastic followers on your mags (i use Wilson 47D's). Mine is very easy to disassemble, not sure how much different it is from a Series 1