Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 6:38:17 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a 9mm 1911, and I was planning to get the SW1911 Pro Series.  But, there may be a trade offer for a Kimber Pro Carry 9mm.  I like the Commander size 1911 the best, and the owner says that it has the full size grip.  

The Kimber is NIB, and he said he'd like to fire it to make sure it functions as it should.  Not a problem on my part, since I'll shoot the hell out of it anyway.  What's the reputation of these Kimber 9mm's?  Any experiences?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one several weeks ago myself. I'm a big fan of the 1911 platform and an even bigger fan of the 9mm cartridge. That being said, my Pro Carry II STS 9mm is a match made in heaven for me. The gun shoots VERY nice and I have yet to experience any difficulties (~200 rounds through so far). Now I just need to add night sights and a magwell and I'll be set.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:11:43 AM EDT
[#2]
the kimber is probably a good gun but i would rather have s&w customer service.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, it looks like I'll be getting the S&W after all.  The owner of the Kimber decided to keep it after shooting it.  A Commander size would have been perfect, but I can deal with the full size.  

I agree, S&W customer service is the best in the industry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top