Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 3:02:04 PM EDT
Browsing Kimbers and other 1911's and came across the Gold Combat (kimberamerica.com/customshop.php)

Don't know much beyond Kimber's promo on their site.  Looks like it visits their custom shop for a 3.4-4lb trigger and magwell among other features.  Quickly checked some auction sites and bidding starts around $1k (w/ internal extractor) and a "buy-it-now" for $1250.  

Would like your to hear your opinions/experiences?  
Are MIM parts replaced with tool steel perhaps?  
I assume it has the firing pin safety as opposed to the Warrior.  
Is $1250 better spent elsewhere (nonrail only)?  TRP, TLE, or other?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Gary  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Might want to re-check that price. I am seeing them for around $1500. Looks like a nice 1911 though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a good gun.  However, I do not see where the extra $ goes into these.  I own a TLEII (external) without a problem.  If I had your money I would get a TLE with the enternal extractor and change the the parts that you see fit.  Either way you are looking at a good gun from a good company.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmm $1250 to $1500 on a Kimber GC seems like a waste of money to me.  

Still stuck with the series 2 system, and just about all the small parts are MIM.  

Some people are not bothered by that.  YMMV.  

Consider that spending a little more gets you a used Baer, Wilson, etc., or a new one for a bit more than that.

Or buy a SA Milspec and sent it to Yost-Bonitz.  

Either way you'll have a much nicer gun in the end (than a Kimber GC II)
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it and If I was in the market for another Kimber I would go 1200.00. I have several 1911s and Kimber is one of the best. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmmmm $1250 to $1500 on a Kimber GC seems like a waste of money to me.  

Still stuck with the series 2 system, and just about all the small parts are MIM.  

Some people are not bothered by that.  YMMV.  

Consider that spending a little more gets you a used Baer, Wilson, etc., or a new one for a bit more than that.

Or buy a SA Milspec and sent it to Yost-Bonitz.  

Either way you'll have a much nicer gun in the end (than a Kimber GC II)

Yep.  What he said.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Appreciate the honest input from 1911 gurus.  You've made me re-consider.  If I'm going to spend around $1300 for the GC and still have to deal with replacing MIM, why not spend another $400 or so and get into a new Baer (Thunder Ranch or Concept) and be done with it.

Thanks again.
Gary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top