Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 10:11:39 PM EDT
Hello all, can anyone tell me how the Kahr trigger pull is? Thinking about a CW9 or a PM9 for concealed carry, and was worried how much heavier the trigger pull was than a
Glock.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The Kahr isn't any heavier that the stock Glock trigger, just a whole lot longer. The Kahr trigger is as long as the one's on a DA revolver and I don't know anyone who makes a short trigger pull kit. At least you can put a 3.5# connector in a Glock.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Just bought a pm9 and the trigger pull is long and smooth.  Breaks cleanly and it also has a long trigger reset compared to a glock.  It's more like a revolver action...very similar to how my j-frame trigger feels, but smoother...it's listed between 7-10lb trigger.  It is really different from a glock, which I carry on/off duty...but it's a great BUG and summer pocket pistol.  Go test one and see.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I prefer the long, smooth pull of my PM9 to the toy-gun "sproing" feel of Glock's. As always, YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Long, smooth and consistent with a fairly clean "surprise" break. They (like any other) get even smoother with use.

The stroke is pretty long, as is the reset, so you've got to practice, practice, practice, particularly if you've been shooting a Glock, Springfield XD, 1911 or similar with a short reset. With that amount of travel, the word "squeeze" really has new meaning.

I like mine.

My $ .02
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I love the trigger on my MK9. You should go shoot the PM9 vs. the MK9 before you buy it. I don't care for the PM9, personally. I don't like the way it shoots. The slide release has a tendency to dig into your thumb if you shoot thumb high. But I do like the trigger pull better than my G19.

Definately go shoot some Kahrs before you buy one. I refuse you buy any PM series because I have shot them and prefer the steel frames. The increased weight is not that bad and definately worth it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Like a good S&W revolver but smoother and lighter.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]
My PM9 is a very accurate little gun. The trigger does require practice, though. Long, long, long, but O-so-smooooooth. Remember the only safety on a PM9 is the long trigger pull. Its a super small and lightweight carry gun. If you want it to do something else, get a differant gun. I carry mine without a holster in cargo pockets of BDUs or shorts and it still very safe because of that long trigger pull. If you just sit around for a couple days and dry fire it, you will notice your hand gets used to the long pull. At 7 yds, at rapid fire, the pull is really not that bad, and with a little practice I could keep the rounds in the A ring.  I often use junk brown bear 9mm 115gr and it works fine. Biggest thing is that you cannot even think of limp wristing this pistol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Like a good S&W revolver but smoother and lighter.

yep!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]
+1
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Personally, I prefer the long, smooth pull of my PM9 to the toy-gun "sproing" feel of Glock's. As always, YMMV.

I have several Glocks, but the Kahr trigger pull is preferred by myself as well.  It is a good shooting trigger, IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top