Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2002 10:12:38 AM EDT
I would like to hear opinions on Kahr's new polymer PM9 9mm pistol.  How does it shoot, any feed problems, any extraction problems, have they fixed the problems with the P9 (weak slide catch design or something like that)? How is the recoil with various ammo types?.

The articles I have read seem very promising, but I would prefer some hands on opinions from people who own it or have fired it.

Thanks in advance for any replies.  

bsly
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't have a PM9, but I do have a P40. At first, the slide catch would engage every shot...not exactly confidance inspiring. Emailed Kahr and about three days later they sent me a new design slide catch & spring. Shoots fine now...no problems. Excellent service.

A good example of why you never depend on a piece of machinery until you check it out first.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Covert(polymer short grip with regular slide)in 9mm. It has functioned perfectly from the first round and I have had no problems with the catch. It has very little recoil(much less than my lightweight S&W 442)and is very accurate for a short barreled pistol.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Have a early model k-9.....one of the most reliable handguns i own.....(out of about 20)
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 2:54:05 AM EDT
[#4]
The all metal Kahrs are just fine.

had an E9 two years ago - too heavy for regular CCW - sold for a G26.

But several folks at GT and TFL have been complaining about their polymer Kahrs jamming and FTF.  I'd look at other guns.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replys everyone.  I did some searching for more info at various other firearms forums, and it seems to be a common fact that as of recent the customer service at Khar is very poor, as well as quality control seeming to have gone South.

Reportedly most, if not all, PM9 handguns have a terrible frame to slide fit.  I also noted topics on poor metal finish with pitting and tool marks.  I am not willing to fork out the cash of a premium price pistol for only a mediocre product with poor customer service.

Quite a shame that Khar would take that road, it could ultimately put them out of business.  Nobody else offers such a small, light, nice looking, thin frame, full power 9mm.  I guess I will probably hold off to see what Springfield offers in a compact version of the XD-9 (rumor has it that it will be a thin single stack, but I don't know if they are planning a subcompact size like the PM9).  Guess I'll stick with my chunky Glock 27 for the time being.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top