Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 3:24:26 PM EDT
anyone know where i can get preban large capacity magazines for this pistol?

also, any board members here familiar with this piece? i recently rented a compact at the local range in 45 ACP and it kicked too much, so i opted to get the 40 instead. i got it in stainless from sportsmen's warehouse. this is going to be my primary carry piece. any performance issues i should know about? accessory ideas? thanks in advance for the feedback.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It is debated whether there are actual pre-ban magazines for it because the HK USP compacts came out after the 1994 Crime Bill aka AWB.  HK's offical stance is that there are no pre-ban magazines for the pistol in any caliber.  And there really shouldn't be any, but there are mags offered places that claim to be pre-ban.  If you do find some out there they would be aftermarket possibly and if they are factory they are questionable as they could be unmarked post-bans.  My opinion, stay away from them.

Also the full size magazines will not fit the compact models like the Sig P226 and the P228 or the Glock pistols can.

(if I have any of the information wrong please correct me)
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the advice. i'm actually going to my first gun show this weekend. it's good to know what the stories will be prior to hearing them. i'll stick with my factory mags. thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
You should find the .40 will have more recoil than the .45acp due to its higher pressures.

I have 3 H&K's, all are damn perfect guns. I don't know why anyone would ever own anything else? Good thing they don't make revolvers or I'd REALLY be broke!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top