Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 3:54:29 AM EDT
I've seen only one other like this so far on another board, thought I'd post my AIM score

Stamped 10/99, and came like new in a cardboard Sig P225 box.  The spare mag was still in factory wrapper, German trigger tag attatched, no marred finish anywhere on the pistol except a tiny spot on the rear slide rail.  The pistol has been fire VERY LITTLE.  I could not be happier with my purchase.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Basically same thing I got.  Mine looks brand spankin new.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice scorehe
James
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah apparently the extra 10 was worth it .  My buddies came in also, but mine was significantly in better shape, in this case, apparently new.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice!  North Rhein-Westphalia must have bought a bunch of new pistols right before the decision was mde to trade them in.  

ETA:  Where's the importer's marks?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:35:44 AM EDT
[#6]
If they are the ones just under the muzzle/guide rod area I couldn't get them to come out without being fuzzy.  There are three symbols though in a verticle orientation.

The one on the other board that was almost identical to mine had the NRW markings also.

1999 seems like a good year
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#7]
A lot of times imports bring in some "very used" stuff first and later the really clean stuff finds its way to market.

The first SKS rifles that were available in large numbers were the Chinese ones.  When the first ones came in they were VERY rough guns.  Later, the unissued ones started coming in.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Who is the Importer? PW Arms ? Century ?  What's the "mark" like ?
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Century is on the slide in almost a dox matrix style print.  Its light but there.  The proof marks or whatever is the stuff under the slide.  I was impressed at how professional and inconspicuous the Century markings were
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally got my hands on my P6.  Like others, mine is nearly new in the later style cardboard box.  It is also stamped "NRW" and has the "C. A. I. Georgia, VT" very lightly stamped dot-matrix style on the left side of the frame just under "Made in Germany".  There is just a very tiny bit of wear on the right side of the receiver.  Even the FFL was commented on how nice mine looked compared to the earlier ones that he got in for other customers.  All in all, I am very pleased with the purchase.

James
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I may need to buy another one.  Mine is nice, but that one is TWENTY YEARS newer.
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh man.  I've got one P6 that I picked up at a gun show, but I've GOT to get one of those from AIM.  What a beauty!
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I got one that was 100% NIB from AIM for the $299 price.  Came in yesterday.  No wear anywhere, not a scratch on th gun, mags are both still oily, no use evident in the magwell, it's a 1995 gun, included the german tag and german manual, came in a Sig P225 Box.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 2:01:51 AM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
I got one that was 100% NIB from AIM for the $299 price.  Came in yesterday.  No wear anywhere, not a scratch on th gun, mags are both still oily, no use evident in the magwell, it's a 1995 gun, included the german tag and german manual, came in a Sig P225 Box.

Was that a handpicked gun?

AIM doesn't have NIB P6s for $299 anymore. Looks like they only have scuffed up $269 ones.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#15]
It was the un advertised $299 handpick that I heard about on the industry forum of ARF.

-David
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah when I picked mine up from the local shop, someone else had ordered one too and it arrived on the same day as mine.  

Theirs looked brand spanking new and mine looked like hell.  Problem was, MINE was hand picked and I don't think theirs was.

Now keep in mind, i didn't care all that much because I expected a worn finish and it's a carry gun.

But ever since then, I am not sure I believe anything is really hand selected as best of anything.  

Hand picked out of the pile and stuck in a box perhaps.  Seems like a sucker fee.

Although I admit, I once had a Cetme hand picked and whether it was or not I don't know, but it was straight and looked great with good headspace (at the time this was not common).  Maybe I just got lucky.

Link Posted: 8/1/2008 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I shot my P6 today for the first time and WOW.  I usually have to adjust some right into it but dead on.  Pretty fun to shoot.

All and all, a great buy for me
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah p6 is a no brainer at these prices.  Tempted to buy another.
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Is it still possible to get a NIB finish P6 from AIM?  I thought they were all out?
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Aimsurplus.com and J&Gsales.com are always getting new arrivals.  According to my experience from hand selecting one of these from J&G at the gun show I'm a bit jealous.  Granted that mines a 1983 it isn't as sexy.  A lot of people are lucking out on better selections other than J&Gsales.

Keep in mind even if it's not in NIB condition the P6's dating 1989+ and more are likely to feed 9mm +P and JHP since most they have a different feed ramp, par to which was put into the retailed P225's. Read this it's some useful information:
http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=37346.0
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I picked up my P6 today. Mine was a hand picked selection from Aim. Made in November of 01 and came shipped in a blue plastic Sig box. Looks almost brand new. No wear from holster use and only a thin brass smear on the follower of the mags.

I am happy with mine. Might have to order another.
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice pistol.
Link Posted: 8/10/2008 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm really interested in one of these guns at this price.

Like someone else said, I see that AIM only has them with the $269.95 price tag, seen here:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Sig_Sauer_P225_P6_9mm_Pistol.html

My question is, has any one order one at this price recently?  And if so, what condition was it in?  I would really like a NIB/LNIB.

phrogge, did you order your gun a while ago when they were still offering the hand picked, or did you call/e-mail them or something and request it?  Just asking because you received it so recently...

Thanks, and sorry for asking more questions in this thread.  But I thought I mind as well not start a new thread when the same discussion is already going on in this one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Dude, a Sig for under $300 and you are wavering because you'd prefer a new or LNIB?
If its that important buy a new gun...
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Dude, a Sig for under $300 and you are wavering because you'd prefer a new or LNIB?

Get one of each.  One LNIB, and one not.

I got a decent-looking but very "rugged" older P6 back in September, but I'm probably also going to get one of these LNIB specimens from AIM in September....... hey, a year apart.
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

If it bothers you that much, do us all a favor and hit the "back" button and stop reading these threads.
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry to hijack, but where can you find extra mags for the p6? I just picked one up myself and only have two mags.
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Sorry to hijack, but where can you find extra mags for the p6? I just picked one up myself and only have two mags.

They're very high demand and super low supply.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Like someone else said, I see that AIM only has them with the $269.95 price tag, seen here:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Sig_Sauer_P225_P6_9mm_Pistol.html

My question is, has any one order one at this price recently?  And if so, what condition was it in?  I would really like a NIB/LNIB.

Yes, I have two of them ordered 2 months apart.  I think waiting for a like NIB is a waste of time and money.   Both of mine look brand new after a quick touch up of the slide.  Even a brand spanking new P6 is going to show wear very quickly as the sig finish is very thin, especially if you carry it.  I would be grabbing one while you still can at $269, it's not going to last forever.

This is what mine looks like after a 10 minute touch up:

Link Posted: 8/23/2008 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine is flawless too, but it's from 1980 I was gonna duracoat it and carry it, but the finish is too perfect so its not getting put in a holster.
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#31]
OHHHHH DAMN IT!!!

now look what ya'll done went and did... I've got to go put me a couple on order... I swear i got to stop reading these forums... ever time i do m bank account gets smaller and smaller....
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 5:18:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Mine was made 4-80, got it from a member here.Carry it every day.I used to have a LNIB P-225, could NOT make myself carry it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Mine was made 4-80, got it from a member here.Carry it every day.I used to have a LNIB P-225, could NOT make myself carry it.

Yup! Me too. Mine is dated 9/80 and is LNIB. Gonna shoot it. Ain't gonna carry it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top