Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 1:28:16 PM EDT
I have a USP in 9mm and I can get a .40cal slide with barrel and buffer and I was just wondering if I can change them out when ever I wanted to.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like the .40 slide would be wider but I'm just guessing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Well...the USP .40 came first, then they made a 9mm version.  I'm guessing the frames are exactly the same.  Just a guess though.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The frames of the USP .40 and 9mm are the exact same, and slides are interchangeable.

This is also true with the Compact 9 and .40.

The 45's of each are bigger and can only accept .45 slides.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, the stainless slides are not interchangable with the HE slides...the frames are slightly different  I've been told.  Havent checked it though, all mine are SS.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Also, the stainless slides are not interchangable with the HE slides...the frames are slightly different  I've been told.  Havent checked it though, all mine are SS.

Not true.  I have a Stainless 40 and a HE 9.  The slides are absolutely interchangeable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not true.  I have a Stainless 40 and a HE 9.  The slides are absolutely interchangeable.

Hmmm, read several times on HKpro that they wernt.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm, read several times on HKpro that they wernt.

I dunno what to tell you.  Whoever said that is incorrect.  The 9/40 frames are the exact same dimensions.  The 9/40 slides are as well (except for the barrel hole and the ejection port).

When I had trigger problems with one of my frames and I wanted to shoot that caliber, I simply switched slides.

BTW, I have a SS 40 Compact and a HE 9mm compact too.  The slides interchange on those as well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#8]
BigD is absolutely correct.  The full size 9mm and .40 frames are the same and you can switch slides all you want.  The 9mm and .40 Compact frames are the same also.  You cannot switch between Compact and full size even if they are the same caliber, or between 9mm/40 and .45 in either full size or Compact.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#9]
So where do I buy a 9mm slide and barrel to change out on my USP40? Would luv to be able to practice on the cheap.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top