Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2012 3:04:26 PM EDT
Too good to pass up this time.  Original box, papers, about 90% for $650 so I can't let it get away.  This will likely be my carry gun after I spend some time at the range with it.  I've got to pick up a couple of extra mags and a holster.  I'd like to go with a shoulder carry so if anybody has any recommendations they would be much appreciated.  Pics will be up when the gun comes in.  

I'm an unabashed Glock guy all the way but you know.....variety is the spice of gun life.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the dark side
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have serious questions, read up at park city tactical forums.  PCT.  I should never have sold mine.  They're heavy, about the same size as a G19, but half the capacity and 10oz heavier.  Accurate. Great guns really.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]
That's one pistol I wish they would still produce...  Imagine a modern version with polymer or aluminum frame.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I've only fired one once, 15 years ago or so.  It was the first time I fired a handgun.  I was fortunate enough to have a buddy that had several types of pistols for me to sample before I bought one.  That day, the first time I fired a handgun the P7 was far and away the easiest for me to group well with.  I went with Glock for reasons that are still valid but I've wanted a P7 since that day.

Great development story, great pistol, and a really good buy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 3:37:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a pair of them both PSP's end up selling one of them and I regret it. They are super accurate, the only downside is they get hot fast and they are kind of heavy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 4:29:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Best shooting and most accurate pistol that I own.  I'd also love a modern version that is either smaller and lighter or has more mag capacity.  I bought it for my CCW, but the size/weight vs. mag capacity doesn't stack up to most other options.  Still a fantastic pistol though!
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Neat guns.

I carry mine occasionally, but prefer my G19 for that role these days.

I had my P7 out this weekend.  Forgot just how accurate these things are.  I'd never touch mine, but I'd really like to see what I could do with some finer target sights rather than the blocky combat sights that are currently on the gun.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#8]
It's a great gun.  But it's too hot to shoot more than a box of ammo on a warm day.  Or take some gloves with you. But I love mine.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Got your 1st P7 not your last though...... My g/f literally has to pull me away when I see one because I want to buy them when I see them.

P7's are almost as bad as my Mauser collection!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I loved mine too, until shooting it on a hot day. Having to let your gun cool down is kind of a bummer. Other than that it is an ideal handgun, and I really liked the squeeze cocker.
Why, oh why, wasn't it made with a Browning type lock?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Get ready for one of the greatest trigger pulls you will ever know.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I loved mine too, until shooting it on a hot day. Having to let your gun cool down is kind of a bummer. Other than that it is an ideal handgun, and I really liked the squeeze cocker.

Because the fixed barrel allows for an extremely low bore axis and incredible accuracy.  I'll take the frame heating up before giving away two of the best attributes of the P7.  Plus, it wasn't designed as a competition or range gun, so the heat probably wasn't much of a concern.  For duty use, there isn't a need to fire 50 rounds through it quickly.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the fixed barrel allows for an extremely low bore axis and incredible accuracy.  I'll take the frame heating up before giving away two of the best attributes of the P7.  Plus, it wasn't designed as a competition or range gun, so the heat probably wasn't much of a concern.  For duty use, there isn't a need to fire 50 rounds through it quickly.

Yep not only that but the way the pistol feels reminds me of holding a Luger.
Plus that is why you get two P7's so while one is cooling shoot the other!
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
a shoulder carry so if anybody has any recommendations they would be much appreciated.  [/img].

I have been very happy with the FIST #70 vertical shoulder holster for the P7, but it only works for me in the winter of course when I am wearing a jacket...

double magazine holder on the opposite side is the perfect balance

FIST #70
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not concerned with the heat, I'm only going to carry 9 rounds total.  This gun fills the role I need it to.  Reliable, comfortable, at least 9mm, easy to point and shoot.  After years of carrying a G23 then a G19, I just don't see the need to carry 2 extra mags and over 40 rounds of ammo.  I've lost no love for my Glocks, but this makes two pistol purchases in a row that aren't Glock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
a shoulder carry so if anybody has any recommendations they would be much appreciated.  [/url].

I have been very happy with the FIST #70 vertical shoulder holster for the P7, but it only works for me in the winter of course when I am wearing a jacket...

double magazine holder on the opposite side is the perfect balance

FIST #70

That looks like the perfect answer, thank you sir.

Never mind that whole "not gonna carry 2 extra mag" jazz in my above post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top