Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 3:42:04 PM EDT
I just switched from a Sig to a Glock for my daily carry, and I'm much happier with my Glock 19 than I was with my Sig 226. I know this is blasphemy in certain circles (obviously not here), but the Glock fits my hand more naturally, and I prefer the Glock trigger. Anyway...

The one thing I do miss from my Sig 226 was the nice magazine release. I have the drop free mags, that's not the issue, it's the magazine release button. I seem to have more trouble quickly dropping my mags with the Glock. With my Glock I have to cant the pistol in my hand as opposed to my Sig, where I could reach the release with my thumb without changing my grip on the gun. Is this common for those of you who have switched to Glock from other weapons?

What does the Glock hive mind think of the extended mag release? Anyone with experience with them, I'd like to hear your thoughts. Any pics of what this thing looks like installed would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the oversized mag catch(AroTek) in most of my Glocks. Downside is you have to send the frame in to have it done(Lone Wolf)  if you don't want to try it yourself. I've done the last 5 of my own with a dremel.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the Aro-Tek

G23C

G27

G32C

Factory Glock extended

G19

I prefer the Aro-Tek!

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
If your looking for a do it yourself deal try this one. Im even going to order one soon. Easy install and as nice as the aro-tec without haveing to mill your frame.

www.gunracing.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=000013
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude, just buy the standard mag release for the large frame Glocks. I paid $3 from Glockmeister. Standard installation and makes mag changes a hell of a lot easier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top