Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2001 1:24:10 PM EDT
What a great little gun!  At work, I strap it to my soft body armor, wear it in an ankle rig or stuff it in a pocket.  It's the perfect gun for those Sunday morning (or afternoon depending on the Sat. night beer factor) trips to the 7/11 for a paper/coffee.  Just throw it in your sweat pant waistband in a little Uncle Mikes cheapy holster, and you are good to go.  

I personally like to stoke it with standard ball ammo, as the HP stuff is prone to clog with clothes in cooler months.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 6:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]
If the HPs clog with clothing, in a round about way, be the same as ball ammo? With the HPs at least you have the chance of expansion where with the ball you have none. [:\]

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm scratching my head

In what manner are you referring to when you say "CLOG".

BTW: I use nothing but Siver Tips with no FTF.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
What he's saying is if he has to shoot a bad guy and it's cold out and the bad guy has on a winter jacket ect, that as the hollow point punches through the clothing it will  fill with clothing causing it not to expand.

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What he's saying is if he has to shoot a bad guy and it's cold out and the bad guy has on a winter jacket ect, that as the hollow point punches through the clothing it will  fill with clothing causing it not to expand.

BKVic

Thanks...I understand now. I also tend to go along with your theory!!!

Edited to say: What "cooler" weather ??? I live in a Freakin Desert
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I quit carrying silver tips after reading some threads regarding the limited expansion of the silvertips. Now I carry the fiocci SJHP.

The P32 shoots soooooo much smoother and more accurately than my first pocket gun, the NAA Guardian.  Plus it's a helluva lot slimmer and lighter and easier to carry.  Probably the best backup gun and low-risk scenario primary gun I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#6]
It's all about penetration in the winter.  The .32 is a mouse round anyway so my feeling is, that I stoke with ball ammo, and it will get into some tissue instead of just punching into goose down.  When the HP's clog with material, they loose a good bit of velocity, and may not even reach the vitals on the threat.  Hell, it's not my primary gun, but I want just a little more penetration with a smaller round.
We carry 124 gr. 9mm Hydrashoks on my dept. and our guys typically have to fire more rounds in a gunfight to stop the threat with a round that size.  Based on that experience, for winter carry with the smaller .32 cartridge, I like the ball.  Personal pref., nothing more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top