Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 12/30/2006 7:12:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/30/2006 7:30:18 AM EST by fatboy79]
Well I finally bought one. Yesterday a new glock 19 followed me home. Sold my XD to my dad and replaced it with the G19 for CCW and for general practice and fun. I was thinking of going with the .40 but in the end decided I could offord to practice more and shoot better with both hands with the 9mm. Besides I like shooting the 9mm more. Also looked at the O.D green but decided it wasen't really green and went with the standard black. Now I will have to see how much snow is on the range today....oh well I have 4WD. By the way the Homeland Defense discount is awsome!!! Now I will need a few more mags and a good CCw holster.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:24:50 AM EST
Congrats on the Glock. I have a Glock 22 that I bought way back before the clinton ban. Used to shoot it alot but not much since I bought my 1911 a few years ago.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:11:52 PM EST
The 19 is a great size. I have both a 19 and a 23 (among others...)

I like to shoot the 19, but I generally carry either a 23 or a 27. The .40 has a bit better record of stopping power (my opinion gathered from what I have read, not wanting to start a war).

Congrats and enjoy your new toy. Soon we'll be hearing you have bought another one. I recommend going with a 34/35 or a 26/27 next. The 34/35 is a nice shooter and the baby Glocks are quite easy to conceal.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 1:02:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By JaxJim:
Congrats and enjoy your new toy. Soon we'll be hearing you have bought another one. I recommend going with a 34/35 or a 26/27 next. The 34/35 is a nice shooter and the baby Glocks are quite easy to conceal.

+1 to that. I just got a 26 and had it CCW with just blue jeans and a t-shirt carrying in the small of my back. I've also pocket carried and it looks like I have an old "brick" cell phone in my pocket. Plus the 26 can take 19 mags if you want to go hi-cap or have a little extra handle.

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 1:15:27 PM EST
Very nice pistol, you will like it very much and will have to buy more.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 3:06:57 PM EST
What's the homeland defense discount? Is it a LEO thing?
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 4:14:11 PM EST
Congrats and welcome to the club!!!

Both hands?

I just picked up a Glock 35 OD Green in .40S&W and already put in 800+ rounds on it this month. My next Glock is going to be a subcompact G27.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 4:41:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/30/2006 4:47:17 PM EST by fatboy79]
Well went to the range today about 250 rounds through it with no problems. I love shooting it very low recoil and damn accurate I got the 124gr gold dots and shot a box of those and they shot perfect. I am glad I went with the 9mm I can shoot it much better and faster than the .40 so I don't feel under gunned. Yes the Homeland Defense discount is LEO and I belive FF and EMT but you will have to check with your local Glock LAW ENFORCEMENT dealer it has to be a LEO dealer. If you call GLock they can give you a list in your area, it saved me about 100 dollars gun was $398 NIB. Glock told me I had to have a letter from Chief or higher and it was for duty only, but when I called my LEO dealer he said all I needed was my LEO I.D and a current state I.D with picture and I was fine and it didn't have to be for duty as long as your department allows CCW. As far as getting more I doubt it , the midsize is the only one that fits my hand, but I will buy more mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:57:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By fatboy79:
Well went to the range today about 250 rounds through it with no problems. I love shooting it very low recoil and damn accurate I got the 124gr gold dots and shot a box of those and they shot perfect. I am glad I went with the 9mm I can shoot it much better and faster than the .40 so I don't feel under gunned. Yes the Homeland Defense discount is LEO and I belive FF and EMT but you will have to check with your local Glock LAW ENFORCEMENT dealer it has to be a LEO dealer. If you call GLock they can give you a list in your area, it saved me about 100 dollars gun was $398 NIB. Glock told me I had to have a letter from Chief or higher and it was for duty only, but when I called my LEO dealer he said all I needed was my LEO I.D and a current state I.D with picture and I was fine and it didn't have to be for duty as long as your department allows CCW. As far as getting more I doubt it , the midsize is the only one that fits my hand, but I will buy more mags and ammo.

You could always get another 19!

Remember...one is none and two is one...at least that's what a lot of people say around here
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:03:10 PM EST
Might as well buy more so your kids and grandkids have them if the moron politicians decide to ban sales all together.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:09:24 PM EST
Glad to hear about your New Glock, I recently purchased the G-17,and have totally enjoyed it! I use a Blackhawk Serpa holster and it rocks. I'm a big dude so I get away with it for CCW. My primary CCW is a Kahr CW-9. Well have fun in Utah it was 80 degrees here in Florida today. So tearing up the range was no problem.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:39:36 PM EST
Glad the gun is working for you. The 19 is a great shooter. The fact you can stuff 17 mags in it helps with versatility.

Like everyone is saying: buy another one for a backup! Depending on your use/mission: you can either go with a 26 for concealment or a 17 or 34 for a shooter.

Congrats and welcome to the club.
Top Top