Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2006 8:12:13 AM EDT
Well I finally bought one. Yesterday a new glock 19 followed me home. Sold my XD to my dad and replaced it with the G19 for CCW and for general practice and fun. I was thinking of going with the .40 but in the end decided I could offord to practice more and shoot better with both hands with the 9mm. Besides I like shooting the 9mm more. Also looked at the O.D green but decided it wasen't really green and went with the standard black. Now I will have to see how much snow is on the range today....oh well I have 4WD. By the way the Homeland Defense discount is awsome!!! Now I will need a few more mags and a good CCw holster.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the Glock.  I have a Glock 22 that I bought way back before the clinton ban.  Used to shoot it alot but not much since I bought my 1911 a few years ago.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The 19 is a great size.  I have both a 19 and a 23 (among others...)

I like to shoot the 19, but I generally carry either a 23 or a 27.  The .40 has a bit better record of stopping power (my opinion gathered from what I have read, not wanting to start a war).

Congrats and enjoy your new toy.  Soon we'll be hearing you have bought another one.  I recommend going with a 34/35 or a 26/27 next.  The 34/35 is a nice shooter and the baby Glocks are quite easy to conceal.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Congrats and enjoy your new toy.  Soon we'll be hearing you have bought another one.  I recommend going with a 34/35 or a 26/27 next.  The 34/35 is a nice shooter and the baby Glocks are quite easy to conceal.

+1 to that. I just got a 26 and had it CCW with just blue jeans and a t-shirt carrying in the small of my back.  I've also pocket carried and it looks like I have an old "brick" cell phone in my pocket.  Plus the 26 can take 19 mags if you want to go hi-cap or have a little extra handle.

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice pistol, you will like it very much and will have to buy more.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the homeland defense discount? Is it a LEO thing?
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats and welcome to the club!!!

Both hands?

I just picked up a Glock 35 OD Green in .40S&W and already put in 800+ rounds on it this month.  My next Glock is going to be a subcompact G27.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Well went to the range today about 250 rounds through it with no problems. I love shooting it very low recoil and damn accurate I got the 124gr gold dots and shot a box of those and they shot perfect. I am glad I went with the 9mm I can shoot it much better and faster than the .40 so I don't feel under gunned. Yes the Homeland Defense discount is LEO and I belive FF and EMT but you will have to check with your local Glock LAW ENFORCEMENT dealer it has to be a LEO dealer. If you call GLock they can give you a list in your area, it saved me about 100 dollars gun was $398 NIB. Glock told me I had to have a letter from Chief or higher and it was for duty only, but when I called my LEO dealer he said all I needed was my LEO I.D and a current state I.D with picture and I was fine and it didn't have to be for duty as long as your department allows CCW. As far as getting more I doubt it , the midsize is the only one that fits my hand, but I will buy more mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well went to the range today about 250 rounds through it with no problems. I love shooting it very low recoil and damn accurate I got the 124gr gold dots and shot a box of those and they shot perfect. I am glad I went with the 9mm I can shoot it much better and faster than the .40 so I don't feel under gunned. Yes the Homeland Defense discount is LEO and I belive FF and EMT but you will have to check with your local Glock LAW ENFORCEMENT dealer it has to be a LEO dealer. If you call GLock they can give you a list in your area, it saved me about 100 dollars gun was $398 NIB. Glock told me I had to have a letter from Chief or higher and it was for duty only, but when I called my LEO dealer he said all I needed was my LEO I.D and a current state I.D with picture and I was fine and it didn't have to be for duty as long as your department allows CCW. As far as getting more I doubt it , the midsize is the only one that fits my hand, but I will buy more mags and ammo.

You could always get another 19!

Remember...one is none and two is one...at least that's what a lot of people say around here
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Might as well buy more so your kids and grandkids have them if the moron politicians decide to ban sales all together.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad to hear about your New Glock, I recently purchased the G-17,and have totally enjoyed it! I use a Blackhawk Serpa holster and it rocks. I'm a big dude so I get away with it for CCW. My primary CCW is a Kahr CW-9. Well have fun in Utah it was 80 degrees here in Florida today. So tearing up the range was no problem.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad the gun is working for you.  The 19 is a great shooter.  The fact you can stuff 17 mags in it helps with versatility.  

Like everyone is saying: buy another one for a backup!  Depending on your use/mission: you can either go with a 26 for concealment or a 17 or 34 for a shooter.  

Congrats and welcome to the club.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top